We found a really good doctor in Plano, so relieved!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meganmitch

Im very excited to report that we found a really good doctor out of Plano Texas yesterday. After we visited the first surgeon on Tuesday i got on here and started to read a lot of the post in the loved one's and pre surgery forum. I saw that there were quite a few people that had there surgery done by Dr. William Ryan with excellent results. I decided to call the next morning and schedule an appointment for my husband for the following day. The office staff was very nice and Dr. Ryan answered all of our questions and made me and my husband feel more comfortable about the upcoming surgery. Since we dont have insurance, the office was more than willing to work with us on our medical expenses which was such a big relief. It feels so good when people are willing to help others during hard times. I feel so blessed that we are going into this with a doctor of our choice, support from the members here, and with god holding our hand.

Megan:

I'm glad you liked Dr. Ryan.
My husband's Plan B was a mechanical valve. I have a St. Jude, and we had considered that as well as an On-X. Dr. Ryan had never impanted an On-X valve, but said he would if that's what John wanted.
Fortunately, John's valve was repairable. Dr. Ryan rechecked John at 1 year post-op. He had a 3-year post-op visit with his cardio last month, and he's doing fine.

I'm so glad to hear you found a really good doctor that your feel good about. I like to hear about Doctors that are willing to work with people, it shows te ME at least, that people are more important to them than money.

When I first found this website three years ago, one of the members, Marguerite, suggested I use the waiting time to research and find a surgeon I feel comfortable with. That was good advise.I went to see Dr. Ryan who I learned about from VR. I really liked him too. He agreed with my cardiologist that I don't need surgery yet. He supported my choice of a tissue valve. When a mechanical valve is used he prefers ONX instead of St. Jude. I still don't need surgery, but am glad Dr. Ryan is there if I need him - also grateful to ValveReplacement!!

Yeah, isn't Marguerite a sweetie! We're glad you checked back with us Julie and hope you're doing fine these days.

And Megan, y'all have hit the jackpot with Dr. Ryan ~~ what a heart of gold. How is your husband feeling?

Latest posts

Back