Warrior Dash 10 months post op?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauratx22

Warrior Dash is going to be in Austin Nov 10, 2012. Be then I would be 10 months post op....for those who have done it...is it that hard or do you think it can be done 10 months post op??

Laura

I have not done a Warrior Dash, but know many who have. The running should not be an issue for you, some of the hazards may be a little taxing, but I owuld guess you can complete one without any real trouble. I'd say sign up, get training, and good luck!

I did my first 5k 3.5 months post-op. I have my first criterium next Friday (4.5 months post-op). I have my first duathlon a week after that. The following week I'm doing a race similar to Warrior Dash on my 5 month anniversary. Before my 10 months post-op, I hope to have completed 9-10 races (mixture of running, triathlon, duathlon, and cycling).

As long as you give yourself time to heal and recover BEFORE you start training, 10 months post-op shouldn't be an issue. I didn't fully give myself the "before training time" as just recovery and got so angry at myself for not getting fitter, not being able to run or ride fast enough. A large part of the recovery time post-op is obviously physical healing, but there was more emotional/mental healing than I expected. I didn't get my head around the fact that the physical recovery and healing takes time. I wanted to jump right out there and push everything before my body was quite ready for it.

Latest posts

Back