Warfarin & Sunburn

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic8Ball

Just back from hols and had a bit of a hiccup on day one....

I burnt myself in the sun (spent all the time covering kids in cream and forgot myself)...not completely....did my face, ears, neck but forgot legs.

Anyway, end of day one my lower legs were burnt as were the tops of my feet....ouch

Now i've never really covered my lower legs in suncream before surgery and never really got burnt before so i'm wondering if being on warafin has made me a little more sensitive to the sun?

Has anyone found this also or am i just searching for a valid reason to cover up me being a complete plonker on my first day on holiday...:eek:

I don't think so.....I play golf and have never seen a difference in sensitivity to the sun since being on warfarin. How long had it been since you exposed your self to the sun? Were you at the beach or on the water? Those two places seem to intensify the effect of the sun becuase of reflection.

Sorry you burned....it its painful and can kill a good time.

I agree with the others, never noticed any change with just warfarin. The drug that really does make you badly sun sensitive is Amiodarone - prescribed for Atrial Fibrillation, unpleasant stuff - I had a wobbly in Geraldton and they started me on it :(
Can't wait to get some of your WA sun... my wife's cousin lives in Jarrahdale (great winery) and her elderly Aunt in Kelmscott.

Latest posts

Back