Waiting for surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njtinman2001

I am waiting to have my surgery the date is 12/06/2016 i have had all the tests and my surgeon is planning to do a mini sternotomy, which I am pretty happy about! He says i should only be in the hospital 5 days. but the closer i get the more nervous i am getting

The waiting is the worst part for most of us. Try to keep busy and do your research. There is a lot of great information here. I am two weeks post surgery and still spend a lot of time here learning.. Take real good care of yourself and welcome to our group.

Glad you found this site. Like winter wrote, it was so encouraging to read posts here as I awaited my surgery little over a year ago. The folks here took away much of my fear as I read their experiences. And they were all waiting for me when I got to the other side. Sending positive energy your way. Keep us posted.

Wishing you very smooth sailing! It's great that you can have the minimally invasive surgery.

thank you everyone,where i am having it done should have been my first choice but my cardio doc sent me elsewhere and i did not like the surgeon. he talked with us for 10 minutes and only did open heart surgery, the surgeon that is going to do it talked to us for over an hour.

I had my Valve Replaced through a mini sternotomy back in September. I was in the hospital for only 4 days! My surgeon wanted to release me after 3 but I was a little uncomfortable so they let me stay another night. The scar is so much smaller than I expected too. When they took off the bandages it was one of the "wait that's it?!" Moments. Best of luck to you!

I was blessed how I ended up with my surgeon. My comfort level with him and the University of Pennsylvania was extremely high. It is good that you like your surgeon. This website was so critical in the choices I had to make. 44 months post op last Friday and all is well! Best of luck! being nervous or even scared is normal...you will do fine!

Latest posts

Back