Vasectomy and heart problems

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hook

Here is a topic you don't see here every day.:biggrin2: Non-the-less, I would like to pull from whatever knowledge may be here on the topic. I see much information that suggests this procedure has no significant long term risk. Other articles suggest there is an inherent danger of the immune response produced by free floating sperm that cause ongoing inflammation, especially to the arteries.:eek2:

For us heart challenged people we all know that inflammation is not a good thing. I have an appointment to have this done, but I am considering not doing it. In addition to my valve issues, I have had DCM for most of my life. There are those in the medical community who think DCM may actually be caused by inflammation in the body that atacks the heart, making it weaker. If there is chance of this being true, I certainly don't want to add to the problem.
:confused2:

I pursued that some years back, but the surgery would have required going off coumadin, so I didn't go through with it. Is that true of your surgery?

I would have to scale back, but only for a few days. I am more worrie about the long term.

The only knowledge I have is that I had a vasectomy 43 years ago. I know several more my age that had it done. First I've heard of it causing heart problems. I wonder if there is any real proof of the free floating sperm causing any problem. Maybe that's like all the tales about Aspartame.

Had mine 32 years ago; valve surgery 3 years ago. The only connection for me may be the more fun I had for 32 years after the vasectomy wore the valve out quicker! :)

I would have to scale back, but only for a few days. I am more worrie about the long term.

My husband had a vasectomy in November 1980 and a mitral valve repair in May 2007. He had significant discoloration/bruising with the vasectomy.
Don't know how much bruising you'd have just "scaling back" on the warfarin. And I haven't heard/seen of any studies that associated vasectomy with any cardiac issues.

How do they suppose the sperm are getting into the arteries? ;) The body is quick to form a barrier around any sperm that may leak out after the procedure and should not cause any inflammation. Sounds a bit far fetched to me. My dad, now 70, had a vasectomy 35 years ago and has one of the healthiest hearts and clearest arteries of anyone I know. I know other younger men that have not had an issues, having had them done in the last 10 years.

THe only danger I've heard of from free floating sperm is to a woman.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

That's what I like about you people, not afraid to laugh a little.

For the record, the little tadpoles don't get in the arteries, but because thet are on the loose, the body builds up an imune responce to them; this happens in 2/3 of men and is an undisputed fact. It is thought that this constand imune responce may cause inflimation in the arteries; that inflamation may lead to buildup. Either way, and additional inflimation in the body is not good, especially for people with replacement valves.

I would love to see the look on a blood technicians face as they peer down a microscope and see a wee spermie waving back..... :eek2:

the mind boogles at concept of "free floating sperm"

Latest posts

Back