Valve Size

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
valve size

valve size

Mine is a 29 mitral valve. I hope you take out the valve before roasting the little pig.

This is just a little off the thread but what is the valve orifice area for different size replacement valves? I remember reading somewhere that a 25mm St.Jude mitral valve has a effective valve opening of 2.04 or something close to that. Does anyone have a source for this information? I am curious since it would be a way to help judge the accuracy of some of our post op echocardiograms.

Really good point, Betty. Finally a cross-check of sorts.

I suspect that information might be in the specifications area of some of the websites, or available from the manufacturer by email request for a person's particular valve.

Best wishes,

Betty,
Sorin's website states that for Jim's 27mm aortic valve (which is the biggest available for aortic valves from Sorin at least), the effective orifice area is about 3.9cm2 (it's on a graph so hard to be precise). I tried looking on the St Jude site to compare, but either my browser didn't like it or the site was playing up as I couldn't get past their home page. I'd guess the information's there if you can get to it though.
Gemma.

Latest posts

Back