Valve Size

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X

xtremlee

Whats up with these valve sizes. My valve is 25mm most all I see on here is 23mm. I must just have a bigger hole in my heart than every one else. I gues 2mm is not that much thought.

I'm a 25er too! Someone in here has one that's like 32mm. I can't remember who it is though.

As stated before: I have a 27mm "Thor's Hammermaster".
( Does size really matter? :p )

does size matter

does size matter

I am a female who wondered onto this post and wonder what Freud would think? Just trying to find my sense of humor before Tuesday, like the Beavis logo, hu hu hu hu hu hu hm hm hm hu hu I am the great cornholeo? Did I get that right
Leighanne

Big size.

Big size.

My model no. is 33 MJ 501 St Jude. My cardio says it is one of the biggest he's heard. It suits my personality--type A-keeps the blood clots flowing? Anyway I had a blood ot come through my brain-but survived an am OK. Sure makes lots of noise!!!

Leighanne said:
I am a female who wondered onto this post and wonder what Freud would think? Just trying to find my sense of humor before Tuesday, like the Beavis logo, hu hu hu hu hu hu hm hm hm hu hu I am the great cornholeo? Did I get that right
Leighanne
Leighanne your correct and yes, find humor, hold it and share it. We all need it sometimes and I'm sure you need a lot of it now. ;)

ronbom said:
My model no. is 33 MJ 501 St Jude. My cardio says it is one of the biggest he's heard. It suits my personality--type A-keeps the blood clots flowing? Anyway I had a blood ot come through my brain-but survived an am OK. Sure makes lots of noise!!!
I do believe your our new record holder if I'm not mistaken. 33mm :eek:

My St. Jude Mitral is 33. I believe Rain's is too.

Are aortic valves smaller than mitral??

Because the cath showed that my aortic root was enlarged, I thought I would probably get a HUGE valve, but my St. Jude is 23 mm, according to the surgery report. I like to think that smaller = quieter. :confused:

My Bjork Shiley (mitral) I believe was a 31 mm and now I am down to a svelt 27mm with the new and improved Carpentier Edwards model! Lucky me! ;)

Mitral and aortic sizes would be different. The mitral is a generally larger opening. Normal aortic valve is 1.5 -3.0 cm², normal mitral is 4-6 cm². Apples and oranges...

I'm with Lee, Ross, and Johnny. My Mosaic is a #25. The surgeon was quite happy about it, as the larger size means less pressure and easier blood flow.

valve size

valve size

I have a 29 St. Jude mitral valve. Size doesn't make a difference as long as it does the job.

Back