Valve replacement at UCLA

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camera

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm actually the family member of someone going in for valve replacement & have been reading/lurking (!) the site for the past few weeks. I've been so busy trying to absorb all the information that I haven't yet had the chance to make formal introduction yet!

Since I'm still a bit short on time, I was actually wondering if anyone who had a valve replacement at UCLA would be willing to chat for a bit and if I could send you a private message.

Any help would be much appreciated! I'm so glad that this forum exists. :)

Hi Camera - I know some members here have had surgery there. Don't know how many though.

There were a couple of specific members that I met a few years ago and I thought I remembered that they had surgery there and I sent them private messages and told them about this thread. So maybe, if I remembered correctly, one of them will come along soon and be able to give you some answers :)

Welcome Aboard Camera !

UCLA is one of the Top Rated Heart Hospitals in the Country.

I see from your profile that your family member has BAV.
Have you browsed around in the BAV and Connective Tissue Disorder Forum?
Has s/he been checked for Aneurysm(s)? (Chest CT and/or MRI are the Gold Standards for finding aortic aneurisms).

Dr. Laks at UCLA is a World Class Surgeon for complex cases.

'AL Capshaw'

I also had my surgery (mitral repair) at UCLA with Dr. Laks, who was (and may very well still be) the head of Cardiothoracic surgery there. My experiences there were quite positive and I have absolutely no reservations recommending it whole-heartedly (so to speak). Feel free to send me a pm with any questions you may have.

Back