Update Phillip's Surgery (Tuesday)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip

Hi! my name is Teresa...Philip and I are co-workers along with a common
bond of both having valve replacement surgery. Phillip is doing ok this
morning.....he still has a low grade fever....the INR is 1.7 as of this morning.
He sounds good...he expressed that putting his shoes on by himself would be a great achievement. He is not certain what day he will be released from
the hospital.

I had my mitral valve replaced with a St. Jude valve, in 1984, at the age of 25 year old. I have done well other than my INR getting out of wack a couple of times. I participate in aerobics, healthy eating, and make a conscious effort to get restful sleep. I have 22 wonderful years living with a St. Jude Valve. I am certain Phillip is going to do well.

We will keep you updated on his progress.

Teresa Broussard
5-2-06

Thank you, Teresa!! It is always good to get an up to the minute report on "one of our own". Philip has been on my mind alot and I'm so glad to hear that he is going uphill at this point. I hope he can bust out of there soon......I suspect he is getting very antsy about now!!

As we appreciate everyone's experience, opinion, advice.....please consider joining us (if you haven't already)!! We would love to have you amongst us!

Philip..... way to be the stud with reduced pain meds and (I'm presuming.....don't know......I've got a tissue valve) good INR!! Now, sweet talk those pretty nurses and get thee home!! :D

Thinking of you! Marguerite

Thanks for the update. Coumadin is always fun at the beginning with everything changing on a daily basis it seems. It'll get there soon. Glad to hear all is well thus far.

Hang in there

Hang in there

Hi Teresa,
Tell Phillip he is in my prayers for complete recovery.

Kristy

Latest posts

Back