update on possible heart attack

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovejoy

formerly Beautiful Ozarks, near Branson, MO, now C
Went to new cardio yesterday. Ekg shows probable heart attack, but from symptoms, Dr. thinks its also possible that I had a stroke. Just got back from having chemical stress test, and also am wearing the Holter monitor for 24 hrs. So hopefully, will know something for sure next week. By the way, Dr. did send me home with nitro.
Thanks for al the good thoughts
Lovejoy

Thanks for the update Lovejoy. I hope you are feeling better.

Why is the doctor thinking it might have been a stroke? The symptoms you described seemed like classic heart attack symptoms.

If the Holter doesn't show anything you might want to get an event monitor. This is a longer term monitor that you start when you are feeling odd, or feeling like something is happing. My heart was always the best behaved anytime I had a Holter.:rolleyes:

I didn't think an EKG would show anything that would indicate a stroke, but I maybe wrong.
I hope you get an answer so they can prescribe the correct course of treatment.
I don't know where you live in relation to Branson, lovejoy, but when we left there in September headed to SE Missouri, we traveled the most windy road in the midwest!
Beautiful countryside but I had whiplash from the S curves!:D :D

Hi Mary,
I hope Dr. gets it all figured out.
I'll bet you traveled on 76 thru forsyth and over to west plains didn't you ? If so, I agree with you, worst road around and as you know, we've got a lot of them. I was born in Branson,but now live about 15 miles south. So I know the country very well.

You can have a "stroke" in a place other than your brain. My husband had a couple of areas of infarct in his spleen from a stroke there (clots), and I think there are some folks here who have had intestinal infarcts.

Thanks for updating us and I hope you have answers soon and NO repeats!

Hope all falls into place so you know where you stand. I have carried nitro for years, used few, but at least they are in my purse. Be sure you keep fresh ones. I think they keep strength for a year or so. Keeping you in mind and hoping all goes well for you. Blessins.......

Latest posts

Back