update on deanos recovery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deano89

hi guys its amanda deans wife again ,been posting on pre surgery ,i thought dean would be home today ,but unfortunatly his INR is to low its gone down from 1.5 to 1.4 even though they have uped the dose to 7 mg. They said they wont let himgo home til its at least 1.8 but prefferably 1.9. This morning they have uped it to 8 mg, originally it was 5mg.

Anyone have any idea of doses and timescales of when it will go up ??

Everyone is diff ... INR is an up and down kind of thing at first, some battle with it all of the time ... once they got me stable I pretty much stayed that way ... give it time and try not to get discouraged ... an extra day or two in the hospital is not nesisaraly a bad thing ...

Amanda, it's fine that they are bringing up his INR slowly, it has a better chance of being stable that way.
Many patients get started on 5 mg per day....Dean needs more (and I needed less).
Best wishes to you both. :)

The dose he will need now will likely change a bit in the next few weeks. Don't get discouraged, it will become manageable and the time will come when days go by without even giving it a thought except to swallow the pill. The newness of the whole thing adds to the stress. It sounds like everything else is going smoothly and I know you will both be happy to be back home again. We know how hard it is on family members. They are surely the unsung heroes through the whole process. Bravo!

Latest posts

Back