Update on Alan's Condition - Wednesday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

amy

I just spoke to the Dr.and coumadin levels are back in the therapeutic range. There is still a fair amount of fluid around the heart, but Alan is not in immediate danger. The chest tube was taken out this morning. He is being monitored closely to see if his body will reabsorb the remaining fluid now that his coumadin levels are better. If not, they will either have to reinsert the tube, or possibly transfer him and have his surgeon go back in. He still is having arythmias, but medication has decreased the frequency. The doctor is hoping that once the fluid is goine, the arythmias will stop.

HI AMY

HI AMY

GLAD TO HEAR ALL IS COMING ALONG WELL, ESPECIALLY HIS COUMADIN LEVEL. WE WILL BE KEEPING OUR FINGERS CROSSED THAT THIS WAS ONLY A MINOR SETBACK AND THAT HE'LL BE HOME SOON.... PLEASE KEEP US POSTED .EVELYN

Hi Amy!

Whew........

That is very good news. Lets hope everything progresses for him, as quickly as possible.

You both were SO smart in getting him to the hospital when you did. Trust your intuition.

Marybeth

Dear Amy-

I hope everything starts returning to normal and that Alan will be safe and sound at home, soon. Valvers are complicated and need extra special care.

I told Joe today that he's just a delicate kind of guy. He used to play semi-pro football and farm team baseball, so he didn't appreciate the humor, but he did have to agree. He's been through it all and everything seems to have an effect on him, big time.

Take care of yourself, Amy. It's very stressful to go through something like this.

Good News!

Good News!

Good news Amy ..so glad Alan has taken a turn for the better ..I hope this progress continues ...take care ....prayers for you both here continue
Scottie

Amy:

Glad to hear there's some improvement and sure hoping and praying it continues.

I keep thinking how worried Ross was about you and how he would have liked to be here giving you support.

Try to be calm; God will take care of you and Alan.

Latest posts

Back