Update: Famous People And Heart Valve Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mary said:
AMEN, SISTER!:p
But to get back on the thread track . . . Adam, I think you must be a celebrity yourself. A google of Ross procedure brought your name, and your book, up first. Since you had the Ross procedure, are you including your story in your new book?

:)

Yes. My story is in the book. In fact, that is one of the objectives of the book. To show the realities of the patient experience - both the challenges and opportunities.

I interweave my story with clinical facts, other patient stories, survey results, etc. to help minimize patient/caregiver stress and optimize recovery.

Have a great day!

Adam

Adam 12-21-05 said:
:)

Yes. My story is in the book. In fact, that is one of the objectives of the book. To show the realities of the patient experience - both the challenges and opportunities.

I interweave my story with clinical facts, other patient stories, survey results, etc. to help minimize patient/caregiver stress and optimize recovery.

Have a great day!

Adam

Thank you for being so positive! It is certainly refreshing!:)

The other day ...

The other day ...

A few days ago I went for a bike ride.

I didn't do it for any other reason than I thought it would be fun.

A thread here about "famous" people who have had valve replacement surgery is sort of fun. I enjoyed reading it (aside from the complaints), and found it to be a nice contrast to many of our more serious discussions.

P.S. I once walked by Sandra Bullock in Heathrow Airport in London. I don't think she has had a valve replaced, though.

Well here goes my 2 cents. I feel that knowing famous people that have made it through OHS is a positive but I feel that you have to be the one with the valve problem. The majority that are greatful for knowing the celebrities that have gone through this are the patients themselves. Their was even a comment made in Katy's Mom's reply that she thinks the little golfer girl would be a positive for her daughter in the future.

If people don't have a computer and don't find us before surgery they need to know what people that are in the public eye, have had OHS. I think it helps.

However, you all on here are my famous personalities because you all were my hero's as I was in the waiting room for several months before OHS and didn't need to know about anyone else. Now I look at this famous people thread and say to myself, "Oh, I know what they went through." And I go on.

It's nice to know ....................

It's nice to know ....................

The only valve recipients --with the exception of fellow posters on this site-- I have knowledge of are the celebrities mentioned above.

So it's nice to learn of other valve recipients whomever they are. Ahrnold was a good example of how successful this surgery is.

Latest posts

Back