Update Almost 5 months Post OP...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robb Wilder

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Everything is right on track. Its hard to believe it has been 5 months since the surgery. I have had no set backs of any signifigance. I can cough and sneeze with only mild discomfort. My blood pressure is slightly on the higher side so he has me on blood pressure medicine. The fluid build up is still there but he does not seem concerned about it at this time. Other than a few Palps I have had nothing to complain about.

Life is truely back to normal with me slowly being able to lift heavier things now like putting the water bottle in the water cooler or lifting my 3 year old up. I am back to work full time and had inventory at work.

ALSO, for those who worry about a normal life. My wife is two months pregnant and we are actually expecting on my surgery date July 14th of next year. Which would be exactly one year since I went under the knife. The funny thing is, that will probably be the date because my wife has to go C-Section.

I was complaining in a joking way saying. SHe got 12 months of pampering with the first shes going to get 12 - 13 months pampering with this one. I had my chest sliced open my sternum sawed apart my heart slashed and diced. I was hooked up to a pump to keep me alive. I had a breathing tube stuck down my throat and all kinds of tubes and iv's in my neck up my arm etc etc and I got 3 weeks of pampering before she went back to work and I went back that week and helped her (shes a teacher getting ready for school at the time). It doesnt seem fair I told her but I am so thankful to not need the pampering.

EVeryone on the other side, who havnt drank the Kool Aid. Its completely normal on this side. The scariest part of the whole thing is .. worry about it.

Latest posts

Back