Two Years Today!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
In some ways it seems like it was almost yesterday....but I am very glad it is in the rear view mirror and not just up ahead around the next curve. We never know which way the road is going to turn in our lives; and this was certainly an unexpected detour that was always "up ahead" for the six years of monitoring before the event.

There have been a few relatively minor bumps in the road since the surgery and I continue to learn about things related to the valve and heart. For me, living with a mechanical valve and taking coumadin has turned out to be not that big of a deal except that the clicking makes it tough for me personally to get to sleep...a small price to pay to have this fixed.

I am very thankful for all the people here, whether they know it or not, that offer their support and publicly share their own concerns dealings with their heart health situations both prior and post any procedures. Everything that I have had or felt or was concerned about - someone else has had or discussed on this board.

I am very thankful to Hank and Ross for this board and the valvereplacement.com community. I would also like to thank the folks that occasionally get together in the southern California area - you know who you are. Not a commercial but I would also like to thank Adam Pick - his book really was a big benefit to me and my closest friends....especially the breathing tube part. Thank you for sharing my special day and best of health to all! - Jim :cool:

For me, living with a mechanical valve and taking coumadin has turned out to be not that big of a deal except that the clicking makes it tough for me personally to get to sleep...a small price to pay to have this fixed.

Congratulations on your 2nd
I also have a mechanical valve and hate the click click click

My solution is to listen to my ipod with loose fitting headphones (they fall from my ears when I go to sleep)

Congrats froma newbie! I'm 1 year, 11 months and 22 days behind you but moving up fast!

Latest posts

Back