Tricuspid Valve leaking

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbdirector

I received a St Jude Mitral valve, a bovine aortic valve and an artificial aorta root, plus 2 bypasses in 2010. I have not totally regained my health yet, but I have progressed quite a bit. For the past month, I have been considerably more short of breath. Last Thursday a tee revealed that my Tricuspid valve is leaking and torn - also it looks like there is a clot on the leaflet. In addition to that, Atrial Flutter, was diagnosed. My bp is normal and heart rate is 76. I have a radiated heart from Hodgkins Disease treatments so surgery was not mentioned. To fix my shortness of breath and the Flutter, a heart Shock was recommended. I am very short of breath but I did not feel comfortable with signing for the Shock. I am waiting to be released so I can get a second opinion. Has any one experienced any of this?

We use to have several members who had their tricuspid valves replaced and one who actually went several years without one. I don't remember the details, but it was remarkable and highlighted that problems with a tricuspid valve are generally less severe than with the other valves. I think it's good that you're going for a second opinion. Your situation is complicated. Best wishes and please keep us informed on your next step.

Back