Treadmill Movie Suggestions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccummins

Since I am spending almost 2 hours a day on the treadmill each day, I have been watching movies on my Iphone to help the time pass. The treadmills that I am walking on are in a gym in a high rise building that I live in. So there are usually several other people around me. I wanted to share the types of movies that you may want to avoid should others decide to do the same. Scary movies are the first one. This one just happened to me. I was watching a movie called Quarantine and in one child zombie scene, I actually screamed out loud I was so scared. I almost fell off as well. Good thing I'm not going too fast or I would have. Everyone in the gym stopped what they were doing and I had to explain. Another type of movie that I have had trouble with are sports movies. Now there is no screaming here, but a high likelihood of falling off ... for me anyhow. This also applies to watching your favorite teams play live. Yes, I have fallen off while watching a Cubs game trying to make Soriano run faster to home plate. Cheering and being anxious really can throw off your rhythm. The time that I fell off was pre surgery so I have been good about avoiding this one. The last one is really just embarrassing if you are at a public gym like me. That is the sad movie ... or romantic comedy. Basically anything that makes you cry. I actually watched The Notebook in the gym. BIG mistake. Nobody should sob while in the gym.

Anyone else have a good treadmill story?

The only story I have is related to stress tests. I did my second stress test about a year so before my AVR. I was at about the 7 minute mark not feeling bad at all when the techincan kept asking me if I wanted to stop. I finally said thought, what the heck, I guess to she wants me stop, so I did.
She said, you did not do well for a person your age :(:(.

About a month ago my cardio wanted me do another stress test since I had not yet had one with my new valve. I was bound and determined to go as long as possible. I went for 12 and a hafl minutes on a very steep incline. My heart rate was in the 170s. I was huffing and puffing. I finally stopped or I would have fallen off.
The technican stated "you did better than people who still have healthy natural valves."

Just proves how stubborn and prideful men can be at times :).

Karl

you are too funny!! seriously I would treadmill next to you anytime. I like to watch the biggest loser, it really curbs my desire to stop early! other than that I don't know.. I tend to watch tv shows that I have recorded.

Latest posts

Back