Training for the Boston Marathon!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mara

Hi all!
Well, the cardio and the surgeon have declared me ready to start training for the Boston marathon!
For the first time in 33 I have no heart murmur! Wow! is that cool!
Now I can do all those things I could never do before, like take Nyquil for a cold, or exercise really hard, play raquetball!
Cool!

Thanks to all for the advice and prayers. Now I just have to see how many years I can get out of this Ross Procedure!
-Mara

WOW MARA!!!!!

WOW MARA!!!!!

Congratulations ..you have come so far in so short a time !WELL DONE!...How is married life treating you ?...I hope you are being gentle to the Scottish laddie of yours ....I'm still waiting here in rainy Scotland. At last I've got a date to see the Congential Heart Consultant in Edinburgh ..Sept 11th ...now I know why people here don't usually ask for second opinions ....they are frightened they may not survive until then LOL....anyway I'll let you know what this Dr says ..take care and keep in touch ...I'd love to meet up when you come over to the Homeland :)
Scottie

Hey Hank

Hey Hank

You better get up off that lazy butt of yours (you said it) because in a few weeks you have a golf game and a basketball game.

Actually, I'll make it a lesson for you in both.

Hiya, Buddy!

Scottie

Scottie

Good luck with the Consultant. I hope all goes well.
David is getting on just fine. He is very relieved, too.

We will be in Soctland next summer! July4-9. And are going to Inverness for more Nessie hunting. I hope we get the chance to meet you. I know yoiu are up there in the Highlands somewhere. as the time gets closer, we will let you know our schedule and maybe we can meet for lunch!

Good luck with all your NHS battles.

-Mara

Mara

Mara

Mara,

YOU GO GIRL...your whole life is ahead of you...grab it by the horns babe.

Scottie...we are pulling for you and saying our prayers.

I really missed hearing from everybody these past few weeks! I thought you had all gotten computer viruses or something!

Not really training for the Boston marathon

Not really training for the Boston marathon

That was my little joke, the cardio said I could jog if I wanted, but I have never seen a jogger smiling. But, hey, I could try to do a marathon now, before I would have just croaked!

i think I'll stick with easier things like aerobics and cycling.

-Mara

Hey Mara

Was starting to worry about you! Thinking back to Arnold and how he blew out his Ross. But, as I am sure you are aware....he tried major exertion supposedly hours after his surgery. Hello???? LOL. Glad you were joking.

And.........so happy to see you will be joining us in Nashville! Looking forward to meeting you and the hubby. There will be another member in Nashville who had a very successful Ross. His name is Ben Smith. Sure you will have loads to talk about!

Have a very Happy Birthday!

Enjoy

Mara,

Glad to hear everything is going so well. Keep it going strong but safe.

Back