Trace of Tri-Cuspid Regurgitation???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Mad

I couldn't see a recent thread to post this under so I apologise for starting a new thread on this.

Just noticed that on my last echo report it was cited that had a trace of tri-cuspid regurgitation. Obviously as a BAVR patient not my main concern!! but I had wondered if this was a common thing with people who have BAVD??

Thinking ahead is this likely to be a problem in the future?
Incidently it has/was never ever mentioned by my cardiologist(s).

Sometimes I think when we get too much info. we start to create problems for ourselves that maybe aren't there!! Nonetheless, any thoughts/experiences would be much appreciated.

BM

HI BM, Im not absolutely sure but I 'think' that a trace of regurg or leakage in any valve is ok. In other words I thing almost everyone has some.

Anyway, Im sure someone will be along soon who knows way more than me and will advise you. Best Wishes.

EireCara said:
HI BM, Im not absolutely sure but I 'think' that a trace of regurg or leakage in any valve is ok. In other words I thing almost everyone has some.

Anyway, Im sure someone will be along soon who knows way more than me and will advise you. Best Wishes.

I have read and heard that about 60% of the population probably has trace tricuspid regurgitation. I have it myself.

Not only is trace regurgitation (aka insufficiency) common and within the normal range, it also comes and goes. You may not have shown it previously, and it may not show the next time you get an echo, or the time after that.

It can be as simple as the way you were lying on the bench when they did the echo. This is one you don't have to worry about.

Best wishes,

Latest posts

Back