Tom's surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tprice54

Tom had his cath yesterday. It showed a 50% blockage in the right coronary artery which was recomended to be done at the same time. Went in for surgery this morning at 7:30. Surgery lasted 3 1/2-4 hours. He had requested the porcine but the surgeon ended up doing bovine (better fit and more elasticity). Recovery going fine so far. Excellent hosp. and nursing staff! Endotrach. tube should be removed tonight and he should be up and on the road to recovery! We will keep you posted.
Liz (wife) and Kristen (daughter) :)

Great news! Please keep us posted. My thoughts and prayers are with you Tom!

Thanks so much for posting. Give Tom our best wishes for an uneventful recovery.

Thank you for letting us know so quickly. My continued prayers for an uneventful recovery.

Tell Tom that I send a friendly "mooooooo" :D

What excellent news. Best wishes for continuing great recovery. He needs to "keep it boring"!

Thanks so much for posting.

Marguerite

That's great news!! Good to hear. Take care of Tom & yourselves too.

Still sending best wishes your way for a speedy recovery!

Ruth

Great news. Thanks for letting us know. Please give our best to Tom and don't forget to get some rest youself.

hi liz & kristen & tom...

hi liz & kristen & tom...

happy to hear things are going well!! i finally got to the post office today and sent the Tawdry Shirt priority mail, so no doubt it will beat Tom home. Enjoy your recovery tom!!! -- joe

It's good to hear that Tom is doing well. Please give him my best wishes, and tell I hope to hear that he's home in a few days.:)
Mary

Thanks, Liz and Kristen. We always wait for news and you have been on the spot with it. Glad to know all is well and that they also took care of the blockage, too, while they were in there. Tell him we are thinking of him and hope he'll be home sooner than expected. Blessins......

I am going in for mine in a couple of weeks so it is always a comfort to know how others are doing. Thanks for posting and letting us know how Tom is doing. What good news!! Take care!

*nods*

Thanks for sharing the good news with us :).

Thoughts/prayers for a continued successful recovery!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

Good news! Please tell Tom that we are all thinking of him and wishing him well in the recovery phase! As has been said before, he needs to walk, rest and eat well, that is his job now.

And I forgot the BREATHE part. He needs to use that little gadget they will give him to help him fully inflate his lungs!

Latest posts

Back