tissue

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

joey

Hi my friends. Going in for the valve replacement op on the 13th November , thank God it's a thursday and not a friday. My choice is a tissue. As we grow older we become both more foolish and we think more wise.:) :)

Hi Joey

Hi Joey

I'm sure Ross will put you on the calendar soon. We have another member having his surgery the same day...Do you have family at home to take care of you..after you return? You will need help for at least 2 weeks. Please have someone to post for you..Good Luck. Bonnie

Thanks Joey for letting us know your surgery date. We will be waiting for news on how everything went. I wish you well with your valve choice and hope you end up setting longevity records with it!

Thanks

Thanks

Bonny,Barret thanks for your concern . I might not have the help I may need . Sandra my wife is in South Africa her mom has just passed away . I'll manage somehow . I only hope in time my choice to have a tissue valve will prove to be a good choice as I'm 64 and extreamly active. Joey:)

Hey Joey,
I want to wish you the best of luck on your upcoming surgery. Soon you will be on the road to recovery and getting better everyday. Please keep up posted. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Take Care

Dave

Hi Joey

Hi Joey

I'm curious as to why type of valve replacement you're having. My husband is also scheduled for surgery on Nov. 13 at Univ. of KS Med Ctr. He is having pulmonary valve replaced. We'll certainly be thinking of you and sending you good thoughts and prayers for a quick and full recovery!

Lucky thirteen.......

Lucky thirteen.......

Hi Ladybug. I told the surgeon that my first preference is a tissue valve I am now sixty three please God the valve should last twelve to fifteen years. For the last few months I have been totaly confuesed Machanical valve, coumidan. tissue, human etc etc. I am over active , work on machinery with all kinds of materials for ever falling off my mountain bike . Sooooooooooo I gave all the information to my good wife, she's smart like most women , read every thing on this wonderful website and came up with the conclution that the tissue valve is for me. However it can happen I will wake up with a machanical the surgeon has the last say.:( :( :( :(

To myself and your husband

To myself and your husband

Hi Ladybug please wish your husband a quick , comfortable and easy recovery . Good luck to both of us . Please keep in touch.
Joey

Lucky thirteen

Lucky thirteen

Joey,

Doctor suggested tissue valve to my husband because of his age. He is 43. Doctor seems to think it will be better than mechanical and coumadin. Your wife sounds like a very smart lady!!! LOL! Best of luck and we'll be thinking of you from now til then.

Hey Joey!

Hey Joey!

I am Ladybug's husband and also sceduled for surgery on Nov.13th. I am glad it is on Thursday and not Friday also. I too have decided on a tissue valve which my Doctor also recommended to be the best choice in my case. I am sure that both of us will do just fine and will be up and going in no time. Please keep us informed on how you are doing as I will do the same.:)

Good choice.....

Good choice.....

Hey Chevy man.....we will be ok. For the next replacement I will consult a hypnotherapist who knows what they may beable to do to help one overcome the second op. Will worry about it when the time comes.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh ya! I have to many irons in the fire to be slowing down now. I didn't like the idea of being on meds for the rest of my life, besides the fact that a guy likes to have a beer or two once in a while!! Lol!:D

Looks like November 13 is a big day for VR.com. Joey and Kelly, good luck to both of you. I'll be praying for picture perfect surgeries for you.

Karlynn

There is hope

There is hope

Chevy Man , met my Cardiologist this evening for a final chat before the op. He informed me that he treats quite a number of men and women who had the tissue valve replacement more than twenty years ago and still going strong. There have been many instances where the tissue valve only lasted eight to twelve years. Please God ours should last a longgggggggggggg time.
Joey..

Thank's

Thank's

Karlynn.....thank you for your warm wishes , I appreciate it very much as I might just be alone with this one My wife might not be back from South Africa on time for the op.

Joey

Hi Joey-

If your wife cannot be there with you on your surgery day, do you have other family members who can be there, or some friends? It's just nice to know that there is someone waiting to see you after surgery. But you'll be so out of it for a couple of days, you will be drifting in and out anyway. And you will have lots of good care in the hospital.

You know that you have all of your new friends here, and we'll all be there with you in spirit holding your hand and watching over you as you sleep. We'll be right there in the OR too. It'll be a big crowd, we'll try not to bump into the surgeon. :p

A Busy Weel Ahead

A Busy Weel Ahead

Joey,

This will be a busy week for you. It will go by so fast and this will ease your mind. I, like you, opted for the tissue valve. Its really a personal choice thing. I will wish for you a safe journey over the "Mountain" and prayers to you on Thursday....:)

Joey,

I hear you about falling off of the mountain bike and liking those beer binges too much! I'm going for a Ross procedure in a week or so.

Good luck

Jim Johnson
Trying to get the Ross procedure done on Nov. 17th
(pending insurance red tape)

After the storm comes calm.........

After the storm comes calm.........

Shalom Jim, welcome . Looks like all three of us, you, James and I are going to be called the three stooges this month. James and myself on the 13th and you four days later. Good luck to all three of us .Please let me know how you doing. I requested that the doctor holds up a mirrow infront of me when I finally come round . If my image waves back to me then I will be sure I'm in the world of the living ..lol

Warmest regards
Joey:D :D :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back