tick - tack from Bulgaria

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PathFinder

Hi, friends!

I am finally home after many obstacles! My AVR went great on 07.june and they dismissed me on the 4-th day from the hospital. I was in a very good condition, going for a rehabilitation program in a little cardioclinic in a little touristic town :) So far so good, but it was very good to be true! I began to have fevers and on the 10-th day they found a pericardial pressure of fluids - a result of an immune system reaction.

So, the same afternoon they called me back in the hospital for second surgery to remove the fluids. Success again!

OK, but the fevers din't stop! The doctors began to worry about any infections or something... And this morning, when I woke up, I sow some red spots on my neck. I called the docs and 30 minutes later the diagnose was: "varricella". I became a victim of a little girl - a doughter of my friend. She gave me that present - a children's virus. And it happened on the 8-th day, when I went out for a pizza with that young family. But I didn't know, that my immune system is decreased, because of the surgery.

And now, I'm sitting home with my parents, isolated from the world for 9 days more, after 1 open heart surgery; 1 heart surgery and 1 virus...

I like to listen to my new valve. It doesn't make me nervous at all! I'm just concerned about how the others around me will react to the noise. My girlfriend already heard it and wasn't so surprised. I must say, that I heard much more noisy valves, than mine.

May be some of you remember, that I wanted an On-X valve before. My surgeon decided to put me the Sorin Carbomedics "Orbis" valve. Nobody wanted to dispute with him about :D He is a mighty man - over 2 meters tall.

On the 4-th day I was observed by an echo. Only for 4 days I remodelled my ventricular volumes to normal and my EF jumped up. The valve works fine and so do the hemodynamic performances. I feel great for now and hope it will get better and better!

If any of you, friends, has any questions - I will be online for a long time becouse of my carantine for 9 days...:p

Ivo

I'm glad you are on the mend and that you are happy with the outcome so far. I've always found comfort in the sound of my valve. Those that don't like it - well, I just don't care.:)

Continue to take care of yourself and listen to your body. Sounds like you've done a good job of that so far.

So glad to hear from you- we were getting worried, but it sounds like you have survived the bumps in the road well and are on the way to a complete recovery. Let your parents pamper you and soon you will be back to a full and healthy life!

Hi Pathfinder!

I am thrilled to hear that everything went ok, even if you had a couple setbacks. I was beginning to worry about you when you hadn't posted in a couple weeks.

Good luck with the rest of the recovery and keep us updated about your progress

Brad

Hi Pathfinder. I am so glad that you are ok and improving. I know that it is hard to stay inside, but try to relax and heal.

sounds like you are getting forced recuperation whether you want it or not. Those little bugs children have just jump all over us, don't they? Sorry you are stuck inside, but you will soon be on your way again to a great recovery. Blessins.........

Thanks!

Thanks!

Oh, thank you everybody!

You guys are great! The best think, that happens, is that in such moments you can see who is a real friend of you and who is not... In the last few days, those who realy care about me are permanently in touch with me. I still can not meet them, but they all call me on the mobile, or write me on Skype. It's great!

Very best wishes

Ivo

Hi Ivo - It's good to hear from you; glad to hear things are going better. While you were gone from the site, I read on another thread a couple of members wondering how you were. Sorry about the quarantine but it will be for the best, no doubt. Are you allowed any walking though, or can you do that under the quarantine with doctor's permission? Take care.

yes

yes

Yes, it's good to walk. I walked a mile last week, till they sent me back for the drain. Now I walk around my house, still don't touch my dog, but I saw our new cats. One of them is whole white. :)

But there were some horrible news! Three friends of mine died in a car crush on monday. They were 19,19 and 23 years old. A drunk woman killed them in a direct stroke, flying above the road and falling onto their Mercedes :( All the TV's talk about the tragedy in the last 3 days :( And I cry... This made my recovery even worse after all the bad thinks happening to me.

So so sorry about your friends ( i will keep their families in my prayers ). I'm sure if they were able they would tell you to stay positive and give yourself the best chance of a good recovery. When something like this happens it makes me realise that my own medical problems are very insignificant and people all over the world are doing it harder than me .....Mary

I've been checking up to see the results of your surgery... I was worried and then happy for your great outcome (minus the 2nd surgery and chickenpox), and now... I'm so sorry for your tragedy. Sending positive thoughts your way. You sound like a great person, and I'm sure you will be a comfort to the friends and family of the friends you lost. There are better days ahead.

Latest posts

Back