Throat Flutters

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ged1975

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has ever experienced throat flutters? I just got an episode of it a few minutes ago. It only lasted for about 30 secs. I actually try to physically shake it away and that usually works.

I've had palps in the past and they usually last for 2 weeks and then go away so I think I'm just going through a short episode of palps.

by throat flutters, are you talking about in the carotids in the sides of your neck? Don't think we've had anyone refer to throat flutters in the past, but if its a symptom of the heart, we need to get it out here and figure it out.

by throat flutters, are you talking about in the carotids in the sides of your neck? Don't think we've had anyone refer to throat flutters in the past, but if its a symptom of the heart, we need to get it out here and figure it out.

Hi Ann,

The fluttering occurs in the centre of the throat, the fleshy part just above the breast bone. My gut feeling is that it's brought on by acid reflux, too much sugar in my diet.

I think you need to run this past your cardiologist. You may well have an aneurysm developing.

Ross has been there, done that with the aneurysm thing and he knows a lot. now that he has said it, please go see about it. Don't take chances. then tell us. Blessins...........

I've occasionally experienced this as well and think it might be related to acid reflux since it only seems to happen when the acid gets bad. TEE and MRI showed that I don't have an aneurysm. Still, I'd follow Ross's advice since he's been there done that.

yea ive had this,i have ibs and it was linked in to acid reflux,comes and goes had it yrs,bit worrying though after you had ohs as any little ache or pain around the chest and you naturally worry,but if your worried get it checked,a good burp usually gets rid of mine lol

Just to let you all know I checked it out and I have no aneurysm but I was optimistc beforehand anyway because a CT scan 4 months ago proved the same.

Acid reflux seems to be the cause, sugary foods such as jam trigger it off.

It's more of an inconvinience but once I know it's no serious I can live with it.

Acid reflux is a very bad thing. The esophageal spasms it causes made my mother think she was having an MI. Her GI doc put her on medication.to decrease her stomach acid production called Nexium and a gastric stimulant called Reglan. The Reglan stimulates the stomach to empty as tou begin to eat. He also told her that reprated damage from reflux can cause esophageal cancer if not treated and, that the violent spasms caused by the reflux can cause palpatations because it triggers common nerves.
Lettitia

Latest posts

Back