Three years today!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

va66

Dear fellow valvers:
Three years ago tomorrow, I looked out the window of my hospital room at WHI where I was recovering from my surgery the day before and saw Canadian geese flying in formation over the Shrine. It was as though I had never seen Canadian geese before. As a matter of a fact, everything seemed so “new” to me with my new valve and the surgery finally behind me. I’ll always remember the thrill of hearing my heartbeat after the surgery!!

I was so blessed to have a stellar surgical team and a community such as this which gave me invaluable support both before and after my AVR. Thank you from the bottom of my mended heart!
I have an MRA test scheduled in March for my enlarged aorta which was discovered at the time of my surgery. I’ll try to remember to post those results.

Blessings,
Virginia

“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.”
Psalm 51

BAV – AVR – Feb. 11, 2008 – C/E Bovine Pericardial Tissue 21 mm – Washington Hospital Center – Dr. Paul Corso

Congratulations on your three year milestone! May you have many more to come... Good luck on your upcoming tests.

Hi Virginia,
Happy third Valversary! I too will have my third anniversary in March. Isn't life grand!
Best,
John

Happy third Valversary.............in the fall we have so many geeses flying directly overhead anf at times they are three or four FORMATIONS wide it is truly breathtacking as they wind their way from summer nesting and feeding north of us to the south

Two Years ago tomorrow I had open heart surgery to repair my Mitral Valve. I remember nothing about the surgery or anything after it. I do not remember
they removed the wires from my chest or even had wires. I slept for 3weeks and dreamed I was in the Bahamas. Being a headache and Migraine sufferer
I had lot of pain when I came home. it took me a long time to feel better. I even cancelled my operation date 3 times I was so afraid. I decied I
had to go. Things nare much better now. It is a good thing I went for surgery as things were getting bad. Besides having the Mitral Valve repaired a had a PFO closed. That was to have helped migraines but it did nothing. The surgery on my valve was good so I should be happy

Two Years ago tomorrow I had open heart surgery to repair my Mitral Valve. I remember nothing about the surgery or anything after it. I do not remember
they removed the wires from my chest or even had wires. I slept for 3weeks and dreamed I was in the Bahamas. Being a headache and Migraine sufferer
I had lot of pain when I came home. it took me a long time to feel better. I even cancelled my operation date 3 times I was so afraid. I decied I
had to go. Things nare much better now. It is a good thing I went for surgery as things were getting bad. Besides having the Mitral Valve repaired a had a PFO closed. That was to have helped migraines but it did nothing. The surgery on my valve was good so I should be happy

Congrats ...but you may want to repost as a thread celebrating your own Valversary

If I knew how to change it I would but I dont know so I can not.. Manybe someone who knows me will see it and will change it

Back