Those in Ike's path

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in Ike's path.
Please keep us posted as to how you're doing.

We will have the tropical storm winds and water surges from the prediction but short of hurricane force winds however Rita's damage in this area was from flooding. All of our schools in this are as closed tomorrow and evauations of low lying areas have begun.

Everyone stay safe.

Earline

All our Texan members are in my prayers- the warnings are dire tonight. Please evacuate if asked to!!!

such awful news coming over the air now. Will we have another smaller Katrina? They are saying anybody one to two stories high will surely die in Galveston.

I have been to Galveston, a very old town, and very beautiful. A Tall Ship was there in the harbor by a restaurant and sooo beautiful. A hundred years ago Galveston was destroyed and many lives lost.

Nurse cousin in Houston has stayed at home, but some of her family were ordered to evacuate.

Let us all be prayerful this night and tomorrow - onward if needed. Bless them all.

such awful news coming over the air now. Will we have another smaller Katrina? They are saying anybody one to two stories high will surely die in Galveston.
I just read an e-mail from friends in Galveston. They're staying put. Said they've boarded up, stocked up on food, water, cat litter & food and will move everyone upstairs. I do not know what part of the island they live on.

I'm praying for everyone. We're expecting high winds up here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We've trimmed some dead limbs and will need to secure outdoor things when we get home tomorrow.

Ike: Don't mess with Texas! :eek:

That's Right! We fight back!

We are at least 3 hours from the coast and still might have 50 to 60 mph winds. Parts of Texas cannot handle a lot of rain due to the terrain (flat) and soil.

Thanks for your prayers.

I am praying for everyone in Ikes path. I have been fascinated by this storm since its beginning and watching it very closely. Everyone stay safe.

Ike is not a very reasonable guy...
I think he is going to wipe out my 2:00 o'clock tee time tomorrow with high winds and rain. :mad:

Hope everyone in the Houston/Galveston area make it through safely.

I hate to read that some may chose to remain in Galveston.
Prayers are with you all.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

We are in pretty dire straits here - Walmart closed at 8:00 this morning! I'm not sure how we're to survive!!! Luckily HEB is open until 1:00, so if worse comes to worst, I guess that will do. Anyway, I guess that is the humor before the storm.

According to predictions, I live anywhere from 80 to 100 miles inland from where it's supposed to come on shore. The wind is kicking up, but nothing near hurricane force. No rain yet. It's actually quite pleasant outside as the wind has blown away the heat. We are not in an evacuation zone, so we are staying put and letting those who need to evacuate use the highways. My dad lives in Lake Jackson about 10 miles from Surfside/Freeport. They are behind the levee, but still only 13 feet above sea level. He is currently at my sister's house about 5 miles from mine. Waves are already flowing through Surfside and parts of Galveston. Surfside hasn't been hit with a major hurricane since 1961 - Carla. I think the last one that did much damage in Galveston was the Storm of 1900 (Isaac's Storm), which destroyed Galveston and caused it to go from one of the busiest ports in the nation and the city with the most millionaires street for street in the country to what it is now - a small, tourist town with not much else.

I feel so for all of you going through this storm. This one is really big and scary and all you can do is sit through it and wait til it's over. In the meantime, you have to just hang in hoping it will soon be calm again. Worse at night.

Been watching it off/on all day and hope it turns out to be not as bad as TV predicts. Often they only give the bad news to the public and we always found they overstated. Hope that's true in this case.

Thinking of you all tonight and tomorrow.

I have a cousin and her husband living in Kemah, TX, right near the water and right in the path. I emailed them, but of course, I won't hear back for a while. That area had a mandatory evacuation. She had a massive stroke a few years ago and is incapacitated. But they have family not too far away.

God Bless all in the path of Ike.

Latest posts

Back