This is the future.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

On Monday a group of us that are living with heart disease tour CorMatrix. http://www.cormatrix.com/index We witness a process that will revolutionize the medical care for heart patients around the world. We had two people from their lab talk to us as we stood in the hall looking into their labs. In a tank was a heart valve that was opening and closing. David Camp their Co-Founder and Dr. Robert Matheny both gave excellent presentations. They have some products that have been approved in the U.S. In July of this year they have receives three U.S. patents for Biomaterial heart valves. Two of their valves are now in babies and both babies are doing well. I wish I could of film their presentations to share with you all.

With us was a little girl who had just turn two. She has had three open heart surgeries. I hope that their heart valves will be on the market when it is time for my tissue valve to be replaced. In the future when this little girl outgrows her mechanical valve and if she can have it replace with their valve she will be able to have children and never worry about having to have her valve replaced again.

CorMatrix just had their grand opening of their new lab in the city of Roswell, GA, as described in the following article: http://www.northfulton.com/Articles...Matrix-expands-cardioresearch-in-Roswell.html

I was thrilled to hear that my surgeon us a major contributor to this research team!! I was going to donate some genetic material towards another study regarding aortal aneurysm and bileaflet valves, but my surgeon decided i did not need the graft.

A day after my visit to CorMatrix I stopped at my friend house and I told her and her husband about my tour of CorMatrix. I find out that my friends’ husband had been asked if he would come and work for their company. He did not want to work full time, but he had nothing but positive things to say about the future of this company. My friends’ husband is a medical engineer. Dr. Robert Matheny showed a picture of a hand with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns. The same hand at one week and a totally heal hand at two and half weeks. They had used some of their skin grafts. The hand had no scaring and still had finger prints. Their technology is amazing.

Latest posts

Back