This is me three months out

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just Getting Started and Feeling Great

Just Getting Started and Feeling Great

This picture is from a fun event we had at my arena Valentines Day.

I am entered in a real rodeo in Texas the last week of March - that will involve getting of the horse and tying up steers - something I am already practicing.

My cardio has been wanting me to quit rodeoing for years but has come to grips with the fact that I will not. His greatest concern is the effects of adrenaline. I have hypertophic problems that we hope will decrease with the new valve in place. He worries about my electrical system because of the misshaped heart muscles.

But we all are going to die someday of something - I am going to live until I do.

Its probably more dangerous driving to the rodeo than being in it.

John, I understand your passion. I fought with my cardio for a full year before my surgery. He was pushing me into it and I told him flat out that as long as my very old horse was still alive, there would be no surgery. My horse needed tons of care in his old age and I bought this farm just for him. Surgery was not in my plans. It sounds crazy to others, but made perfect sense to me at the time.
Be careful, them steers are big.

Are you the Naked Singing Cowboy too??? :D

We have these replacements so we can live life. So go and live it.

(Just be sure to listen to your body when it is saying enough, and before it starts screaming ENOUGH! 'cuz then it will give you it's own version of a rodeo. And not the fun kind.)

JFC! I'm almost eight months out from surgery and I still wear an eventing vest when I ride. You must heal faster than me, because three months out from surgery I would have found that pretty painful!

Actually, the thing that took the longest to do wasn't riding, but tacking, and especially foot care. It was a good six months before I could really pick out anyone's feet. (That's why I had a kid!)

It's been almost 25 years and I'm still not ready for that! Holy smokes! Do be careful. All the best, Brian

Latest posts

Back