This is just getting ridiculous!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debster913

OK, all...

Maybe my heart was "celebrating" my TV debut yesterday (in case you missed it, check out: http://thedoctorstv.com/main/show_archive to see me briefly mention my valve surgery on the show), but here it what happened. My apologies if it's a little long:

I woke up yesterday morning, feeling excited to go to work and maybe hit the gym afterward, so as I was listening to some peppy music on my drive to the school where I teach, I was down the street from work, and...SOMEONE HIT THE GAS PEDAL ON MY HEART! This was the first time my fast arrythmia lasted more than just a few seconds; in fact, the rhythm lasted about four minutes. I couldn't feel my heart rate, but thankfully at this point I was parked in my space and sat to wait it out.

After my heart settled down, I must have had a gazillion PVCs. My heart was flip-flopping all morning, and I felt completely wiped, as if I had gone out for a long run. Although I pushed through teaching my first three periods, I decided to put in a call to my cardio at my conference period/lunch break to let Doc know about my symptoms before heading to the teachers' lounge to hang out with my friend, who also has the same free period. When I got to the lounge, she saw me and demanded that I call the cardio again. I was still feeling puny and tired, so the cardio's office told me to come down right away, but that I might have to wait a while. I promptly went to the secretary, got a sub for my 5th and 6th periods, and drove to my doctor's office.

I waited for two hours, finally got in to see Doc as his last patient of the day, and he took one look at me and decided to do an EKG; he was afraid, based on my pale color, symptoms, (I was still having a handful of PVCs) and lack of usual cheerfulness, that I might be having a heart attack. Thankfully that wasn't the case, but he was concerned that the arrythmia I'd had that morning was AFib or PVST. He then (finally, after nearly a month) had the hospital send over my PFT results, and the good news is: I don't have asthma. The bad news: I have some sort of lung disease, based on the report.

Now, guess what? I am having an angiogram on Friday! Yippee! :frown2: Doc wants to check to see my arteries, valves, and determine if I have pulmonary hypertension.

I swear, if it's not one thing with me, it's something else. Good times.

By the way, anyone here have experience with pulmonary hypertension?

I had pulmonary hypertension as my mitral valve failed, and it spiked to a dagerous level just before my replacement surgery. For many years I have always had a dry cough, and got horrible chest colds a couple time a year; the kind that has endless coughing. As my mitral valve got worse I hade more problems with fluid in the lungs. I also retained fluid in my degestive system, causing IBS. Having the new valve fixed both problems, and I feel human again.

So sorry about this latest turn, Deb. Hope all turns out to be okay. Wasn't Nancy the resident expert on pulmonary hypertension? You might try PMing her. (I think she's also over the the other site a good bit these days.)

I know exactly what you mean about one thing after another. Gets frustrating sometimes.

Sorry to hear about this development. As Superbob said, I remember Nancy knows a lot about pulmonary hypertension.

Wow, sounds like you had a bout of a-fib yesterday. One thing about PVCs is that they don't make me tired or wear me out; a-fib sure as heck does. Sorry you had a rough day!

Hope you get answers and improvements soon.

Like Hook, I had P Hypertension related to my leaks....MV, TV, ASD's and the AV too. At the end it was not good at all. Once the valves are repaired/replaced it should or could improve from what I have been told. A-Fib tends to make me tired, not the PVC's...or PAC's. Are you on Multaq? I just re-started that myself. It is making me very tired!!!!! I am not sure if I will able to continue on my trial period. I would also rather be in fib/flutter at times....and not on meds, than to be soooo tired. I took naps for the last 2 days and am dragging now! Get better!!!!

Susan

Sorry Debie that you are having problems! The only problem I have related to heart is pericarditis, and benign PVC's I've had two other surgeries and maladies though since, besides my avr, and pericardial window.

I do feel your pain!! Please hang in there.

Hugs

Latest posts

Back