The New Market's Husbands Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenewmarket

Thank you for all the preparation and information prior to surgery. This forum is fantastic and I am so grateful for all I have learned here. My husband had his aneurysm repair and aortic valve surgery yesterday at CCF. They actually repaired his valve which we weren't expecting. The aneurysm is GONE......and he was fortunate to only have a six inch incision for the surgery. Unfortunately, the breathing tube is still in due to blood loss. This literally breaks my heart but he is handling it well. They hope to finally remove it this morning.

I cannot imagine the relief my husband feels knowing his 5.1 ascending aortic aneurysm is long gone........we are blessed.

I know we still have a long road ahead of us, but we are so grateful that this part is behind us now!

Thanks for all your support.

Great news- thanks so much for taking the time to inform us and I hope he is soon off the breathing tube and on his way to a complete recovery.

Phyllis said:
Great news- thanks so much for taking the time to inform us and I hope he is soon off the breathing tube and on his way to a complete recovery.

Sometimes some people take the words right out of mouth.
Here's to you, thoughts and prayers. (((hugs)))

Prayers for a very smooth recovery. Make sure you are getting your rest too!

I am so glad to hear that your husband's surgery is over and he's on the road to recovery. We are flying to CC tomorrow to begin tests and get ready for surgery on Oct. 3rd. I'll be thinking about both of you and my husband and I wish you the best!

shellyb

Thanks for posting. Hoping his recovery goes very well. Take care.

Excellent news!

Thoughts/prayers for a continued SUCCESSFUL recovery :).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Tell me what you see" ... Bob Carlisle ... 'Getting Stronger'

Back