The Docs have found out what's wrong with my stomach...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's A Complication Of My Diabetes...

It's A Complication Of My Diabetes...

so what caused the gastoperisis?

It seems that what has happened is that because I have 2 types of neuropathy (periferal and autonomic-periferal neuropathy affects the nerves in the legs, toes, fingers, arms-where the autonomic neuropathy affects the internal organs-both neuropathies damage the nerves and in this case, the nerves in my stomach don't work, thus, the food doesn't move through the system as it should-it can be progressive to the point where one can't eat altogether and then one has to be fed through a Tube or an IV in the chest)

Not a fun medical complication I can tell you. Harrybaby:eek:

Hi Harry ~ I'm glad you finally got an answer. Hopefully, they can find a way to fix this without it getting to the point where you need a feeding tube or an IV in your chest. I don't have the same thing you have, but i have a very sluggish stomach and intestines due to being paralyzed from the chest down. When i had a Colonoscopy in the hospital it took 2 enemas and 15 bottles of the crappy tasting liquid to clean me out, where the average person just has to drink one bottle. I just have learned over the years by trial and error (mostly error) what food will work for me and what won't. My prayers are with you for a solution to your problem. Dawn-Marie

I pray that you will get to feeling better real soon! At least now your doctors know what's causing your problem. Now it's a matter of them finding the best medication that works for you addresses your problem!

Take care!:)

Harry i am glad they got to the point
of all your suffering and they are able to
pinpoint an availability you can live with
regarding your stomache issues.......Prayers

zipper2 (DEB)

Harry, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are able to go with the "easy" solutions.

Well Phyllis.......I don't know about the easy solution....

Well Phyllis.......I don't know about the easy solution....

I went to have an ultrasound done day before yesterday and then I saw my urologist, and 2 things are happening. They have found a lump on my kidney and I also have stones again, which means another lithotripsy at some point. I won't know what the lump is until I go through another cat scan on Wednesday. I want to tell you.....it just never ends with me and bad health.

I am just a tad bit nervous, but I am trying to keep calm until I know for sure.... Harrybaby

Latest posts

Back