Thankful for the VR Board Difference

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

This Thanksgiving we are ever-so-thankful for many, many things (especially the new life Mike has since AVR/MVR) ---- and the attitudes and "character" of the folks in this group of people are high on our list. As a Type 1 diabetic using an insulin pump, Diana belongs to some other on-line support groups and has found a large amount of dissention, criticsm and general hissing and spitting. Faith, lifestyles, self-doubts, worries --they all come under attack. NOT SO HERE! This is the most amiable and accepting and encouraging group we have ever seen! Maybe it's because of that trip to the mountain.

WHATVER IT IS, YOU ALL ARE GREAT AND WE GIVE THANKS FOR EACH OF YOU AND PRAY YOU ARE BLESSED AS YOU BLESS!

Mike and Diana

Thank you to both of you. VR is not without it's faults, but as it has grown from a few to many, most of us have learned that heated debates, mud slinging, and a general poor attitude, is not helping the person who we are addressing. I have to say that I'm proud of our members. We can always agree to disagree, but do it in an adult manor. ;)

Mike said:
This is the most amiable and accepting and encouraging group we have ever seen! Maybe it's because of that trip to the mountain.

I think you may have hit upon the reason. We can get a little scrappy from time to time, but I think we understand that life is too short, and too worthwhile to waste on petty things.

I give thanks for this group that's "been there, done that" and has walked in my shoes.

I agree, Mike, that VR is one of my Thanksgiving blessings. Thanks for reminding me.:)

I have to agree here also -

I have to agree here also -

I don't know what I would have done without the love and support of the people on Vr.com through my surgery and a few crises since then. I get such inspiration from the positive attitudes and lust for life that most of the people on Vr.com have. I feel God led me to this web site for a reason.

Christina L

I too want to echo thanks for this community this thanksgiving. I've lived with my CHD since birth and up until several months ago, hadn't met one other person who knew exactly what it's like.

This board and group and the friends I've made here are a godsend and I thank all of you for you help and support. With my surgery coming up on Tuesday of next week, it's remarkable to me how much better I feel about it because of you all.

Happy Turkeyday!

Best,
Joe

Thanks

Thanks

This is a wonderful communty. The sense of that, and the support are a real gift we share! The limited bickerring is due to the open hearts. Joe, I'll be thinking of you. Stay in touch when you're up to it! THANKS TO ALL! Brian

We have an occasional cat scratch, but the fight is broken up very quickly. Actually we don't fight, just have opinions.

I joined VR more than 5 yrs ago and it has been a wonderful site - sight, too. Everybody is helpful where we can and that is our purpose.

We like an opportunity to thank Hank for the site and this is the time. Thanks, Hank

Must not forget our brave protector, Ross - he takes good care of us all.

VR.com has certainly made a difference in my life and recovery. For those of us who didn't find it prior to surgery, the difference is striking - from being alone and misinformed and afraid,to being empowered and informed.

Thanks to Hank (and Michelle) and Ross and Al Lodwick and to all the brave souls who are so supportive and so willing to share their experiences.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Don't fall off the ladder putting up your Christmas decorations. And drive carefully.

I agree with all of the above... This is a wonderful support group, many nights when I could not sleep after my surgery, I was on here just reading the posts about different things, and always felt better after... We have all been thru a lot and have a definate understanding of all aspects of this.. Hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving... Rose

I agree this board is very good. Most people arrive here because they are looking for support and to correspond with others that have been or are going through the same experience. Few people have others to discuss this with that have actually experienced it themselves. I am most impressed with the way people can agree to disagree without things degenerating into a slanging match. I think we should thank our ever vigilant Ross for this. Sometimes I wounder if Ross ever sleeps he always is posting! The most praise however would have to go to Hank the founder for the selfless way he has set this board up and has kept it running for years with hopefully many more to come. In addition he goes to the effort of organising a reunion each year for the US based members. We are indeed fortunate to have Hank and Ross.:)

I was going through my discharge papers from the hospital the other day. I came across a list of questions I wanted to ask my surgeon on my follow-up visit. One of the questions was "IS there a online support group of people who has gone through valve surgery like I had?" Of course when I asked him that question, he just gave me a blank look. About a month later I found VR.COM on my own. I was and have been very Thankful I found a site that has been so warm, caring, understanding and of course could understand what I went through. I have shared the knowledge of this site with my surgeon, cardiologist and GP. I let them know they should tell their patients to check us out! I know I am part of a community that cares! I know I can never Thank Hank and Michele enough for creating this site, Ross for being the MAN who is a real GEM and Al Ludwick for sharing all his knowledge. I am also very Thankful for all the members who make up vr.com! Though I don't get to post real often, I read the threads when I get a chance and can see the knowlegde everyone shares, the comfort everyone gives and the support we give to each other. Even the debates are fun, as of course everyone does have an opinion! I want to WISH EVERYONE A SAFE AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING! MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP EVERYONE SAFE!

*nods*

I, too, have shared this site with my cardiologist, Lorraine. I don't know for sure if she shares it with others...but I always remind her of it each time I have my checkup :).

Latest posts

Back