Thank You

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Fecteau

Thank you to everyone on this site. Whenever you wonder or are not secure in your future existence on this wonderful planet you just have to visit this site and it reassures you that you do have and still have a wonderful life ahead of you. So thank you all again for your post they are awesome and reassuring that valvereplacements and other heart issues are just little road blocks and we were all brought here to this site for a purpose. And Dick I know we are not to have Idols but you are as close to one as one can be.

Randy: I agree with you whole-heartedly. When I first found out that I was born with a BAV (October 2012-age 56.5), which caused the standard concurrent issues with my heart I was first terrified. I went many weeks with sleepless nights. It was horrific! I drew great comfort in reading of the experiences of others on this site, both pre and post surgery. Initially, I was thinking tissue valve. But, the prospect of two more surgeries in my lifetime was unacceptable. I learned of the ease of how others have dealt with the need for Coumadin. I credit dick0236 for helping me see this issue clearly. To avoid a mechanical valve solution simply because of the fear of coumadin would have been a dire mistake in my case. Valve choice is a very personal. I am confident in my choice of an ON-X Valve/attached Aortic Graft choice. I feel blessed with an excellent cardiologist and fortunate that he has referred me to a world class surgeon at the Hospital of the University Of Pennsylvania. Dr. Bavaria told me that there is only a 5% chance that he will need to implant a pacemaker. I feel fortunate that my TEE and cath revealed no CAD. My doctors tell me that I will have the heart of a 40 year old when fully recoved from surgery - my ejection fraction will likely improve from 47 to 60.My surgery is March 18th, 2013.

Latest posts

Back