Ten Weeks Post-Op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookjp

I haven't posted in awhile and just wanted to say hi to everyone and say my recovery has been really uneventful.Had no pain medication since the third day of surgery and really have had very little pain at all.I've had no major stumbles since surgery and am basically back to my normal life.Working outside and plan on resuming golf next week.I wish everyone could have the experience I've had.For those of you post-op good luck in your continuing recovery and for those of you pre-op it's really not as bad as your mind imagines it will be.I still say the worst part was losing my sense of taste.Finally started coming back at five weeks and was all the way back at seven weeks.

Nice to read you are doing well, but why wait so long for golf? Had my 1st rd not quite 6 weeks out, & so far have already played about 10 times.
For once I'm taking the doctors advice 3 months before sternum is fully healed for golf.Have been hitting a few wedges in the yard and I've been putting inside since I got home from hospital.I was driving a car at three weeks and breaking a few other rules but swinging a driver at full speed I'd rather be safe than sorry.Still remember that pitcher on espn breaking his arm on a pitch.I imagine splitting your sternum open on a golf swing would hurt quite a bit and like I said I've had very little pain during the whole ordeal.So hows your golf game going. Do you notice any difference in your distance off the tee.I told my surgeon I wouldn't be to happy if I lose 20 yards off from my drives!!!!!

Good Going

Good Going

Sounds like your are really doing well. Good Luck and Keep it going. Looks like I'll be about 4 months behind you. Posts like this really give me hope for a positive out come.

Thanks

Regards

I am 10 weeks post op today and I just started to play a little golf. I first hit the driving range, just took it real easy. I am a bit sore but nothing bad, but I am not hitting at 100% either, and that has actually helped my game because I am not trying to kill the ball :D I still have a slice with the woods though, I was hoping the surgeon transplanted something in me to cure that slice!

Sounds like your are really doing well. Good Luck and Keep it going. Looks like I'll be about 4 months behind you. Posts like this really give me hope for a positive out come.

Thanks

Regards
Hey Towerman.Everyone's recovery is different but if yours goes like mine it really wasn't bad at all.I spent an extra five days in the hospital(10 days total) because my incision was leaking a little bit.It sure felt good to get home but all in all I hate to say this because some people aren't so lucky but it really was a piece of cake. Good luck to you!!!!

Latest posts

Back