Tee test for leaking valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginian777

i had a tee test today and because of a leaking aortic valve replacement back in 4-12 after the test the i ask the dr who proformed it if i had to limit any activies.and he said no weight lifting didn't ask why at the time because i was still a little druged and not thinking clearly but now its worrying me why no weight lifting any ideals.

I have some paravalvular (perivalvular?) regurge around where the mitral valve was sewn in. I had TEEs done in 2007 and 2009, I think, and it's been stable. Nothing to warrant another TEE at this time.
My doctors have not given me any restrictions. However, when I book a motel or hotel room, I insist on either a 1st floor room (if no elevators) or a floor near the floor (if no 1st floors available and the hotel has elevators). I'm more concerned with having to tote heavy luggage upstairs than walking downstairs. I travel a lot and prefer not to check luggage, even though my status on American Airlines means I don't have to pay to check luggage. So, I pack fairly lightly in the piece that goes in the overhead, and I have a Briggs & Riley Shopping Bag (their term) that I slide underneath the seat with my purse, iPad, Garmin, other items. This relieves physical stress for me.
When a motel is out of 1st-floor rooms, I do demand that an employee carry my luggage upstairs. I call a couple of days ahead and explain my situation, and I also call the day of arrival. But sometimes things fall through the cracks.
The cardio I have now says that as long as I stay stable, I should be OK.
Many people who have had VR have some amount of regurge.

thank you catwoman, very helpful info.i just scared that i will over do it with out think i like to work around the house thats the part thats so hard and don't know if i can get used to slowing down.

Latest posts

Back