TEE=Good News

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soilman

I went in for a TEE yesterday and got unexpected results. My echo done about a month ago indicated some "bad" numbers for my aortic valve. A catherization was done 2 weeks ago, but failed because the doc was unable to get the cath to enter the valve into the heart. He said I was only the second person in 20 years he had failed to catherize. This also seemed to indicate a smaller valve opening. From these two tests, I fully expected to visit the OR sometime this fall.
The TEE yesterday was very successful and indicated my valve opening was at about 2.0 cm. Unless my cardiologist (who is a brother to the doc doing the TEE) says differently, I will be monitored every 6 month to a year by echocardiogram.

I guess I'll be hanging out in the "waiting room" for a while.

Barry

Barry,

That is great news :) ! The best thing you can do for yourself now is to never skip those 6 month check-ups. Had I skipped mine, I probably would not be responding to your post.

Karl

Barry,
Great news! I believe they recarpeted and refurnished the waiting room after I left (I really was hard on it :p ), so you should have comfortable surroundings for awhile yet. :)

Latest posts

Back