Tanks up and running

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tank

Just a note to let everyone know I'm out, been home for 1 week and feel bad about not letting anyone know how I was doing. I just have not felt like getting online until now, this surgery has given me a new meaning to beat down even though I came out of the hospital feeling a little better than I do now it's my own fault. That being said, it is so important to get up and get moving even though at home you usually don't have someone harping on you to get up and go. I'm slowly getting better but on occasion have anxiety and feel a little short of breath. In my case the anxiety is often caused from back pain kicking in and pain meds wearing out. Any who, just letting ya know, Thanx, Tank.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us an update. I'm sorry you are feeling beat down. It's good to know what you are going through so I can be better prepared for my own surgery at the end of September. Sending positive thoughts your way. Keep us posted.

Tank;n857854 said:
Just a note to let everyone know I'm out, been home for 1 week and feel bad about not letting anyone know how I was doing. I just have not felt like getting online until now, this surgery has given me a new meaning to beat down even though I came out of the hospital feeling a little better than I do now it's my own fault. That being said, it is so important to get up and get moving even though at home you usually don't have someone harping on you to get up and go. I'm slowly getting better but on occasion have anxiety and feel a little short of breath. In my case the anxiety is often caused from back pain kicking in and pain meds wearing out. Any who, just letting ya know, Thanx, Tank.

Hi Tank,

Take your time; the forum will still be here when you feel like posting again.

As for the anxiety, I've been home for two weeks and am finding that fear/anxiety are harder to deal with than pain. It's easy to be anxious about the future and also about your current healing status. On my 7th day back from the hospital (11th day after surgery) I went back to the emergency department because my heartbeat was irregular and I was scared. Fortunately they reassured me: I was having PACs (Premature Atrial Contractions) which are completely normal after my surgery. (I've spent some time searching the forum since then and found the same answer.) Now when I notice irregular heartbeats, I don't necessarily like it but I know not to be too freaked out. As everyone here says, this is a process and it can't be rushed. Good luck with your recovery.

Claudia Z.

Great to know you are home Tank although feeling beat down always nice to hear that people have in fact made it home. One week home has to be rough. I would only guess like l have read many times the importance of "keep pushing" "push forward" .. l will hopefully have that message well ingrained by the time l get there.
Thanks for the update and and wishing you a very good recovery and continued strength.

Great to hear you're home and recovering, Tank. An inspiration to see your words so soon after the big day. I wish you the best of days for the weeks ahead.

Hey Tank, hang in there! I worked extra hard prior to surgery to do as much as I could getting my back into shape. I have some osteoarthritis and was certain that spending a week in a hospital bed would do me in. Did have some discomfort after surgery for which they would give me an ice pack for relief which worked. But for the most part my back stayed pretty loose and didn't tighten up on me. But now that I'm home though it's a bit of a different story. But that problem is one I'll likely have forever. It's just a drag to have flare up during recovery, which itself is no fun am I right?! I think the anxiety is a result of the cocktail of anasthesia and meds that's got a nasty residual effect that plays with your mind. Good days and bad for sure. You're not alone! Stay strong.

Welcome back, Tank! Your situation sounds a bit like mine was. I was in good health/shape prior to surgery, but after - wow! I was as weak as a kitten and couldn't seem to shake the feeling. Just keep at it. Try to do a little bit more as time goes on, and soon you will look back and realize how much progress you've made.

Latest posts

Back