Talked to Ross

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

And he sounds really great. He knows what a mess he was in and how close he was to being really over the edge. The heart part was fine; it was the bleb on the lung that caused everything else that went wrong when the dr removed the bleb, he said. He is kept very busy in re-hab and says the dr wants him there 4 more weeks, but he plans to go home in 2! It was nice to hear his voice - had never heard it before, but it sounded strong and he is very determined. So we ought to see him here soon. If you should be callin him, make it after 3:30 (EST) as he is kept busy til then. Thought you might like to know.

God bless

I also was able to talk with Ross this afternoon. He's been through a war, of course, and is battle-weary, but as Ann said, he's determined he's going to be going home in two weeks.

He is still on oxygen but is otherwise breathing on his own and his appetite is good. He is learning how to walk again and currently walks about 25 feet twice a day.

Apparently there were five different occasions that the doctors say he tried to die on them, but he fought his way back. A lot of the emotions he was feeling, i.e. the crying, were in response to some bad hallucinations brought on by the medications.

He's particularly frustrated that the hospital has no Internet access so the only means of communication with the outside world is the old-fashioned telephone.

He said to be sure to tell everyone one on the site he loves them and that "the screwball will be back".

Words can't express how happy I am to hear that Ross sounds so good and that he's strong and determined. He's come from such a dark place out into the light.

That's what this site is all about. Seeing miracles happen.

thanks ann and jennifer!
what great news! i was so happy to hear that ross is doing better and will be on his way home over the next few weeks.
how wonderful! i look forward to seeing him back here.
thanks again, sylvia

What a relief! The comment about hallucinations due to the drugs brought back some bad memories. I was on Oxycodone (no one asked me which drugs I wanted) which caused HORRIBLE hallucinations...some of them very scary. Plus, emotions got amplified tremendously. On the 4th day post op, when I finally woke up, I was mentally quite a mess. Finally, I asked what the hell they were giving me, and instantly told them to get me off all narcotics, and that I'd get by with extra-strength Tylenol. It took a couple days for the hallucinations to quit. I can't imagine being in that situation for WEEKS like Ross was, but I am tremendously glad to hear that he sounds good. I bet his muscles are both sore and out of shape, but the therapy plus his determination will get him better soon. Go Ross!!

Wow, sounds like Ross has a full time job if they keep him busy 'til 3:30! No wonder he wants to go home in 2 weeks (like there aren't a thousand reasons for wanting that). I'm thrilled to hear of his progress so thanks so much for sharing your conversations here.

Ann and Jennifer,

Thanks for the first-hand account of how he's doing. I'm glad to hear he's hanging in there and sounding good. I can't begin to imagine the ordeal he's been through, and for such an extended period of time. We need continue to support him from the "outside world" here!!

thanks again,
Jennie

Latest posts

Back