Tachycardia?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjay32

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
An update; had a surgeon consult a few days ago, He feels that I should be on a beta blocker, look at surgery for the aortic aneurysm at 5.0cm. He was concerned with the continued mild chest pain and was thinking that a heart cath. would be a good way to go. He was going to discuss this with my cardo, as he pointed out all decisions are between me, the cardio and the surgeon. So I am waiting. Anyway, at work today out of the blue, my pulse jumped to 109 and stayed between 104-109 for about 3 and a half hours. I am back down to 86. This is still high for me as I seem to be in the 68-70 range. Is this something that I need to get addressd now (tonight) or something to call into the cardio tomorrow? any thoughts.

My opinion is that you can not mess around with an aneurysm dude. If you have tachycardia and it's accompanied with pain, that's an emergency.

My doctor said that just tachycardia alone isn't a reason to go in unless it's above like 130/140. If it's accompanied with shortness of breath, sweating or chest pain, then it's time to go in.

Latest posts

Back