Surgical consult scheduled

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UWMike

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I have a meeting scheduled with Dr. Christopher Caldarone for July 23. The surgery would be done at the Peter Munk Cardiac Centre at Toronto General Hospital, although the surgeon is from the neighbouring Hospital for Sick Children. This to me seems a bit odd that my surgery would be done by someone who theoretically specializes in pediatric surgery, but I don't know whether or not that's common given my age (22). I don't suppose that any of my fellow canucks have any experience with either institution (or maybe even with Dr. Caldarone)?

Since no one replied I did a quick search here and didnt see anyone else who had Dr Caldarone, But as far as heart surgery goes, "pediatric" heart surgeons are the ones who have the most experience with Congenital Heart defects (CHDs) and all the diferent surgeries for CHD as well as themost experience with REDos and multiple REDOS. In this case age doesnt really matter, CHD surgeons and Cards treat CHDs and for the most part "adult" cardiologists and surgeons mainly treat patients with aquired heart problems like bypasses and some valve /Aorta surgeries.

Usually people with CHDs especially complex ones or people whove needed intervention as a child should go to CHD docotrs if at all possible, even as adults

Latest posts

Back