Surgery Tomorrow!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKAFrench

Hello to all,

I am going in for my OHS tomorrow (4/29/16), and looking forward to it...I think?! I am at the Mayo in Rochester, MN, and I love the facility. Yesterday I went through the standard pre-op procedures, and today I will be meeting with the surgeon.

I want to thank everyone that has responded to my posts and everyone that has posted to this site, reading everyones' experiences and getting feedback on my own has given me a great outlook on this surgery and a strong mind to move forward with. We are an awesome group of people and need to keep moving forward!

I will keep everyone updated on the procedure and progress during recovery! Thank you to all again! I'll catch y'all on the flip side

Good luck! You'll be fine - you're in good hands "up" there in Rochester. That is one of the leading facilities for heart surgeries in the U.S. (But. . . you already knew that.)

I'm going to give everyone a quick post op report on this thread and then go into details in the post op forum...I'm happy I can post there now!
First off, I want to thank everyone for their good wishes before the surgery, and I know all the good energy and vibes helped me through!!
Secondly, the surgery went awesome! I am a proud owner of a New 25mm On-x Mechanical graft, it was taken a little getting used to the sounds, but just happy to be awake! Got out of the hospital today, for a total of five days in. Very happy with the outcome and look forward to my full recovery. Nailing the walks already!

Congrats! Awesome to read that that you're nailing the walks. It will make a big difference in your recovery. Here's to a smooth recovery.

Tom

Latest posts

Back