Surgery Rescheduled

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misselaines

Hi everyone,
I posted a little while back about my surgery date of April 13 (cath on 4/12). Surgeon's office called to change date due to 'surgeon's schedule'. Anyway, I have a new date of May 12 for the cath, and May 13 for the AVR (mech) and the Ascending Aorta replacement surgery.
I'm kinda bummed about it; I was getting myself to that zone of acceptance of the upcoming surgery. Now, I have to wait another month. I figure # 13 must be lucky for me.:)

Perhaps someone in the surgeon's family is having surgery and it's something pretty critical, although elective; perhaps he's/she's rearranging his/her schedule and having to take that day off.
And then the income tax deadline looming......... (can't imagine that one, just threw it in).
Who knows what schedules our surgeons keep............................. I'd like to have their money, just not their schedules. :))

You know, indeed it might be some recreational or family thing with the surgeon. As I recall, mine had a skiing trip before my surgery came about. But I wanted him relaxed and stress-free on my big day, and I figured the skiing might be just what the doctor ordered, so to speak. :) I know it's frustrating though to have to wait another month. Just try to use the extra time for R&R if you can.

Sorry you are having to wait another month for your surgery. Just think to yourself that on 13 May all the stars and planets will be lined up ready for you. We will be here sending up wishes and prayers for your successful surgery. Hang in there. :cool:

LOL! I never thought of golf; I did think of tax accountant time though. Now I know what its like to be a space shuttle astronault ready to go when they decide to abort the mission.

Thanks Bina. Thanks Jacqui.
Best wishes and prayers to Scott.

<<<Thinking positively>>>

Elaine

Same thing happened to me--but they told me at 5p.m. the day before! SCREECH...my planning came to a grinding halt. :) Actually, even with just a couple days' delay, I found myself even more prepared when it finally happened so I was grateful. I know the waiting time is hard, but just think of it as another hazard of being at the mercy of a heart surgeon!

~Randy

Latest posts

Back