Surgery postponed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattwisconsin

Green Bay, WI, Columbus, OH, and Chicago, IL.
They decided to postpone my surgery to find more out before cutting me open. They decided they did want a cath after reading the notes from my last surgery. They are hoping to get me in for the cath tomorrow, but the surgery is postponed until they can reschedule and after they see what the cath shows.

Cath

Cath

Hi Matt,

Good luck with the cath. A delay because they're trying to get a better picture of the work they need to do is probably not a bad thing.

-Philip

That is how I feel too. I wish they would have decided this earlier, but he was hoping to see the anatomy of the heart from the CT Scan, but that was canceled on Monday because my blood pressure was too low and the A-fib made my heart rate too high and erratic. Then when the surgeon read the surgery notes from my last surgery, he decided he definitely wanted to know the anatomy of the heart before cutting me open. So the surgery was postponed and a cath will hopefully happen tomorrow.

So ultimately I am glad that he is taking it seriously enough and wants all the info possible before the surgery.

I'm glad they decided to hold up until they could run the cath, Matt. Let us know when they decide to perform the surgery and don't stress.

You want them going in knowing as much as possible, because mostly likely they will still see a thing or two they weren't expecting. Best wishes.

I'm certain that you most likely wanted to get the surgery over with, but I think the cath is a great idea. That way your doctor will have a better road map before he begins his journey with your heart. Keep us updated as you progress.:)

Delays are the worse part of this process. But as people said here it is good they are being cautious. Soon you will be on the other side of the mountain!
God Bless,

That's good news. I am scheduled with Dr. Malaisrie in May for my surgery. I'll be watching for your posts to hear how well you are doing.
Kris-Wisconsinite

The cath went well. The surgery is now scheduled for April 15.

Matt, I missed your announcement of the date. Make sure you get your taxes done before you go under the knife! :) Good luck and use your remaining days to get your recovery environment fully prepped. Right now, I am very thankful that I organized my home and planned out the recovery to minimize pain and inconvenience.

Latest posts

Back