Surgery over!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john79t

Well my dad wanted me to post for him after he made it out of surgery. It's been a really long day for all of us! His surgery only lasted about 3.5 hours but he was having a lot of blood output so after several hours of watching and doing some tests to see if it was going to improve they took him back in to see if there was something going on. He had a tear from a wire? but they fixed it and he was back in his room at about 8:45 p.m. Prior to them deciding to take him back in they were going to remove the ventilator because he was breathing good on his own and doing good. Strong. They plan to keep him asleep and comfortable for the night and take the ventilator in the morning. So we are going to try to get some sleep tonight. I don't think any of us slept much last night - including my daddy! It was a little overwhelming seeing my always strong dad like that after surgery but a relief that it is over and seems to have gone well.

Angie

Thank you Angie for giving us an update on your dad... he is in my thoughts and prayers and I am glad he is doing well. Hang in there.

Angie, thanks for taking the time to let update us. Best wishes to your dad for a smooth and bump-free recovery, and yes, go get some sleep, he's gonna need to be pampered a little in a few days!

Thanks Angie. Give your Dad our best tomorrow. So glad he is doing well and you get some rest!

Angie,

Great news! Thanks so much for letting us know. Please pass along our continued best wishes to your dad for a smooth recovery.

I know it must have been hard to see him in the ICU with all those tubes and wires. My son really had a hard time with that. But that is standard, and they will all start being taken out soon. Before you know it, he'll need to start doing some walking.

Hope you do get some rest for yourself now because he'll need the pampering as he recovers. :)

Thanks for letting us know your Dad is out of surgery and doing well.

Hope he had a comfortable night and begins an uneventful, smooth recovery.

Get some rest yourself!

I know he was really worried, but now the worst is over and the healing begins. They'll probably have him in a chair by tomorrow afternoon.

Angie,
Thanks for the update. I was getting a little antsy waiting to find out what was going on.
I was going to send him a patient email at Barnes, but then remembered I don't know his last name!:eek::p
Please give him my regards.
Mary

Glad to see he is over the mountain and best wishes for an uneventful recovery.

zipper2(DEB)

Latest posts

Back