surgery news - jbrown413

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe's surgery

Joe's surgery

Hi-this is Joe's wife Jeanne. Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting this yet.

Joe's surgery went fine after an initial delay. He was supposed to have surgery on Wednesday, but didn't go down to the OR until almost 3 p.m. because the prior surgery ran long. Then, after all the lines were inserted, an emergency arose, and his surgery was canceled for the day. He had to spend the night in the CCU with all the lines inserted, which as you can imagine, was very frustrating for everyone.

He had surgery on 10:00 a.m. on Thursday. He was out of the CCU by 3 p.m. yesterday--everything seems to be going well--he got out of bed, was talking, etc.

We expect relatively smooth sailing from here. I'm sure he'll be posting his own updates soon.

Thanks for posting Jeanne. Best wishes to you both for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Great news (except for the delay) - thanks for letting us know.

I'm so happy he's doing well. How stressful for him to have to spend a night waiting, with all the lines in.

I wish him a speedy, uneventful recovery.

Hello Jeanne!

So glad to hear that Joe's surgery went well - once it got started! I can't imagine how awful it must have been to be all ready to go and to have it cancelled. I know there was an emergency etc. etc. etc. but that is just beyond belief. Give him our best for a speedy recovery and best wishes to you as well.
Susie

Too bad about the delay, but at least the surgeon wasn't tired when he started on Joe! Sounds like his recovery is going very well - thats great!

Jeanne,
Thanks for posting. We've been praying for Joe. Glad to hear he's doing well.

David

jbrown413 said:
Hi-this is Joe's wife Jeanne. Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting this yet.

No need to apologize ... just glad you posted to give us the news :).

Sorry about the delay ... I can imagine how frustrating that was.

BUT ... very glad that all seems to be going well. Thoughts/prayers for a continued successful recovery!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Tell them we're survivors" ... Rascal Flatts ... 'Life Is A Highway'

Very glad to hear he's out and doing well.

The delay must have been very frustrating for all involved. You get yourself set on "the date" and then no go! Still it is probably best that the team was rested and ready for the surgery when it finally happened.

Take care,
Ruth

Latest posts

Back