surgery June 23rd.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck alesia. I never had surgery before so I was a bit scared. I was pleasantly surprised. Stay calm and try to relax. :)

Everyone has given you great advice and I came into your post because I will be exactly one year from AVR repair when you go in.... I will be thinking of you and sending you lots of positive wishes. The repair would be ideal and FANTASTIC but it won't be so bad if you have to get a new valve. Thank God they can give you one! I would only add that you will need AT LEAST the month after to take care of YOURSELF before you can take care of lots of kids - your own or others! Please please please make plans for lots of help. Ask, people are SOooooo likely to respond, it will surprise you!

Hi Julie! Your right about taking care of myself. Its hard for me because i am a Mom and i put everyone ahead of me always! Its going to be an eye opener for me when i am out. I hear what people are saying for recovery time but in my head i think differently. I do have my Mom staying with me after for 2 weeks so i am very lucky. Thanks for thinking of me, it helps that i am not alone. I leave Wednesday for a 4hr dicussion and i guess a video about my surgery. Then Thursday at 5:30 am!

Well it's day 2 ! Last night was the worst for me with night sweats from all my fluid in my body! Today eat alittle bit of breakfast, lunch and dinner! Getting out of my bed is hard and need help for gettig in and as well as out. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do this. Ended up with a tissue valve! Thinking about Julie and Kallin and for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Wow - glad you could post so soon, alesia! Happy to hear from you. One day at a time is the only way to go. Today I'm dealing with my anxiety by cooking chicken noodle soup starting with the raw chicken and other such meditative pursuits ;)

I remember night sweats. Eating is good though!

Alesia, wonderful to see you on this side of this huge mountain!! Your progress from here on will be steady and hopefully with as few bumps as possible. I well remember how difficult it was to get out of bed. At about the third night in ICU a male nurse came to sit with me at around 3 am for a chat (he was from Brazil) and he showed me a way to get out of and into bed leaning on one elbow while pushing with the other stiff arm, using the legs for leverage. Difficult to describe but it worked and I use it to this day, out of habit.

Here is to every day being a little better than the previous one!!!

Last edited:
Well it's day 2 ! Last night was the worst for me with night sweats from all my fluid in my body! Today eat alittle bit of breakfast, lunch and dinner! Getting out of my bed is hard and need help for gettig in and as well as out. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do this. Ended up with a tissue valve! Thinking about Julie and Kallin and for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Just a reminder walk rest and walk some more keep nourished then walk rest and walk some more keep nourished.................you get the idea and also not too much celebrating on Canada Day EH?

Latest posts

Back