Surgery is set for Feb 23rd!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan07

I found out yeterday from the surgeon that I will be having ohs on the 23rd of Feb. I chose the ST. Jude valve. Being 35 I chose a valve that will last the longest. I read some great posts about pre and post surgery but if any one has some good pointers for me, I would really like it. I read some on the ST. Jude valve but if any one has anymore info on them I would like to hear about them too.

Thanks Brian

Congratulations on setting the date. The best thing I did pre-op ready my home for post-op. Put the things you'll need within easy reach so you don't have to stretch. Get some books or movies to pass the time during recovery. Post-op...pace yourself and listen to your body. Best wishes and good luck.

Brian,

Congrats on getting the date. Sounds like you have made a great choice for yourself re the valve type. I was fortunate to have great family support pre and post. Beforehand, they even picked out a recliner for me (which I found very useful the first few months -- slept in it because had lot of trouble getting in and out of bed), plus a new TV with lots of movies on DVD.

Sounds like you're getting things lined up. Look forward to your continued posts.

Cheers...

Wishing you good luck for your surgery, Brian, and for a trouble free recovery.

Bridgette

Brian -
Sweet!
I think (am I wrong?) that once they set my date, I will heave a BIG sigh of relief. I'm hoping you can relax now and focus on the important issues of post-op life, namely sitting on yer ass propped up in front of the tv.
Good luck.

David

Thank you all! It is a relief that a end is near, but the recovery part worries me. The Surgeon did give me some " worry free" pills lol. I have a great family. My younger brother wants to know if he can take the family leave act time and come down from CT to help my wife and I with the kids. I have one more worrisome doctor appointment on Tues. On the CT scan they did last week, showed 3 nodules on my lung. I hope it is just scar tissue healed over but I do have history of lung cancer in the family. I don't think it is anything tho. Thanks again.

Congrats Brian and best wishes

For post op prep I went out and bought a nice Schwinn elipical machine on sale. Its a great unit, very quiet, stable and has been perfect for rehab here in the NE on wintery days.

BAVR with 27mm ON-X Dec 19, 2008, NYP Cornell Weill

Congrats Brian and best wishes

For post op prep I went out and bought a nice Schwinn elipical machine on sale. Its a great unit, very quiet, stable and has been perfect for rehab here in the NE on wintery days.

BAVR with 27mm ON-X Dec 19, 2008, NYP Cornell Weill

How are you feeling now? I got an elipical now but can't use it because of my condition. I was born and rised in CT so I know about winter days. It looks like some snow for the NE.

Glad to hear you have your date, and have decided on your valve. It takes some pressure off. My surgery is a month before yours Jan 23. This being my first surgery as the date is getting closer I'm full of mixed emotions. All I can say is thank goodness for this site and all the wonderful people on it.

Glad to hear you have your date, and have decided on your valve. It takes some pressure off. My surgery is a month before yours Jan 23. This being my first surgery as the date is getting closer I'm full of mixed emotions. All I can say is thank goodness for this site and all the wonderful people on it.

I agree with you. I hope you well and a speedy recovery. My oldest son birthday is the 23rd, so I will be praying for you.

Latest posts

Back