Surgery date

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Chris

Surgery booked in for 20th Oct. Hopefully repair. Like everyone he wont really know exactly what he is dealing with until he gets in there.

Dr believes that heart is likely to start straining from here on so it is better not to delay surgery any further. Things have really all come to a head very quickly.

I am very positive about the operation at this stage.

Thanks for all your advice and prayers, very much appreciated.

Good luck mate. Hope all goes well and you enjoy an uneventful summer recovery.

Yeh good luck from Perth.

Hope you get the time to post up how well your recovery is going as i'm probably going to be about a month behind you with Aorta replacement and could do with the good news.

sending more GOOD LUCK from Perth :D

Keep us updated now wont you...we love sucess stories here...
19th Oct. ...gosh thats next week , you will be all recovered and back to normal just in time for Christmas holidays and summer whoohoo!!!!

Put you on the calendar and look forward to your successful climb over the mountain!

Oct. 20 - lucky day

Oct. 20 - lucky day

I had my mitral valve repaired last year on October 20. So, as far as I'm concerned, October 20 is a lucky day!:) I will definitely think of you next Friday!

I wish the best for you and hope that you get the repair. But know that life will be good, however they fix you up.

Prayers sent your way! Let us know how things went and are going after you reach the other side of the mountain! Good Luck!

Good luck and best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery! I'm 46 and found out I had MVP at age 24...here I am now too with moderate to severe regurgitation. "In the waiting room" until my time comes. I think having a date to just get it done would be a good thing. I have a hard time keeping it off of my mind and who knows how long I'm going to be waiting!

Like so many on this site have said...valve surgery is so routine now. I have 2 brothers with their mitral valver replaced, one 16 years ago and the other 8 years ago. Both are doing great with their St. Jude valve.

Prayers for an uneventful surgery!

Sounds like a great date!
Will be looking for reports from you on the other side of that mountain!:)
Praying for a speedy yet boring recovery!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go into surgery tomorrow. God Speed. See ya on the flip side:)

ALl the best for your turn in surgery today Chris...its probably over by now if you were the first patiet for the day...

Hoping everything went well and you are recovering. Hope to hear from you soon!

Latest posts

Back