Suggestions Needed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My coumadin nurse left a message last night for me to take 10mg today and go back to normal tomorrow just as Bina said to. I guess I will test next Thursday, one week apart. I don't know if it is relevant, but I have been hitting the salads big time, LARGE portions. I think I will tone it down just a little. Might not be such a big issue but been trying for so long to stay in range, even though that can be a challenge to everybody. What is ironic is that I haven't been stuck in the arm for 19 months and it didn't seem as bad as I thought, didn't bleed but a droplet. Nurse said she took a good draw. Joyous isn't it.

Carla.

Thanks for sorting out the "variances" ...basically what Ross said about having 2 draws in a row, they will not be exactly the same.
Even when our INR is stable it actually wobbles up'n'down a bit but hovers within/close to the correct level...this is what we call stable!

My coumadin nurse left a message last night for me to take 10mg today and go back to normal tomorrow just as Bina said to. I guess I will test next Thursday, one week apart. I don't know if it is relevant, but I have been hitting the salads big time, LARGE portions. I think I will tone it down just a little. Might not be such a big issue but been trying for so long to stay in range, even though that can be a challenge to everybody. What is ironic is that I haven't been stuck in the arm for 19 months and it didn't seem as bad as I thought, didn't bleed but a droplet. Nurse said she took a good draw. Joyous isn't it.

Carla.

Don't do what you normally wouldn't do. If you've been eating lots of salads, then stop, your going to gain some INR. Guess the best thing to say is, don't try to control INR with diet. You'll set yourself up for teeter tottering.

Latest posts

Back