Structured Approach

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic8Ball

Well, its been a while since my surgery (nov06) and i haven't engaged in any form of stuctured exercise at all. Although i've been very active and healthy and feel great.

The theory i use to justify this break is that if i'd repaired a hosepipe i wouldn't put the tap on full turn until it had been tested for a while....:rolleyes:

Well, the hosepipe looks to be ok and i want to start riding my mountain bike again....just bought some new lights and some new bar ends......but i don't just want to go out there and ride with no intention of measuring improvement.

Does anyone know of any structured cycling method that is proven to improve fitness and riding times/speeds etc etc.....

ie, i'd probably go out twice a week, once for an hour or so and once for a couple of hours and just ride around.....there may be a system that says do 1/2 an hour 4 times a week....i just don't know of one.

Any pointers would be great, otherwise i'm just going to dust the old girl off and head out anyway.

Regards.

Google for interval training. Although it's generally for advanced training, you might find a beginners interval plan. The problem is that before one starts serious performance training, one should first have a good training base. That is, some load of unpaced mileage over 6 to 8 weeks upon which to build.

Latest posts

Back