Stretch's surgery went awesome!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Stretch!!!

Congratulations Stretch!!!

We are all anxious to hear everything about it! Thank you Noni for letting us know. Stretch has managed to weasel his way into all of our hearts and we can't wait for all of the good reports!!! Happy healing!

Noni - Thank you so much for taking the time to post such good news. I think all of us were on pins and needles all day yesterday waiting to hear. Like adam's mom said, he has made it in all of hearts. God bless you and Stretch and will be praying for an uneventful recovery, not only for him but you also! Take care Noni and Godspeed!!

Great to hear that everything went so well.

Tell Stretch to take it easy. This is not a race to see how fast you can get back to "normal," whatever that is. ;) This is an excellent time of the year to take things easy, sit back in a recliner in front of the fireplace, drink a holiday latte or egg nog, be waited on hand and foot between those walks, naps, etc.

Oslo73 said:
...Second, what is this talk about " the shirt"? :confused:

Tobagotwo, Bob H, recently posted a picture of himself posing disco style in a funky flowered silk shirt, with his OHS scar visible, taken only days after his surgery a few years ago -- kind of a celebratory survival pose really. You've probably read Bob's posts; they're excellent and he has a matching sense of humor. Anyway, Stretch also has, perhaps, a similar sense of humor and he laid eyes on that shirt and wanted it, in order to wear it following his surgery for a similar photo. It's been quite a saga but really fun to follow! Anyway, it's the beginning of a new era in VR.COM history... as the shirt will be passed around to others desiring a similar photo op until the shirt becomes gauze, as all silk shirts eventually do...

Best wishes Stretch and Noni!

hi noni,
hope stretch is coming along well. we'll give you a call in a day or so and if he's up for visitors, we'll stop by for a short while.
meanwhile, if there's anything you need, just give a call. you know joey and i are a short drive away.
so happy things went well and are still going smoothly.
wishing you both all the best.
please give stretch a hug for us (a soft hug),
sylvia

I'm so glad everything went well during your surgery, Stretch. I hope your recovery continues without any bumps in the road. Its nicer on this side of the mountain isn't it!

Thanks, Noni for posting.....SOOOO glad thing went so well for S.

Keep us posted and give him the very best wishes of everyone.

Evelyn

Great News!

Great News!

Thanks for the wonderful news about Stretch. As you can tell, Stretch is very popular with us!

Shirt photo! Shirt Photo!

THANK YOU everyone!

THANK YOU everyone!

Stretch was moved to a stepdown unit this evening. He was more aware of his surroundings (i.e. me :) ) but was still pretty much out. The nurses said he would be better tomorrow. I told him that everyone at ValveReplacement.com send their love. He nodded. We saw some pictures from his surgery - they were awesome. Not sure when they will be available for viewing. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you everyone. We're humbled by your love!

Noni

^^ what Karlynn wrote ^^

AMEN :).

So good to know that progress continues!

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
MCinfo.hobbies.RTs.pics.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

Have been checking all night for an update, Noni- thanks for posting- you must be exhausted! Hope Stretch is more himself tomorrow. You both remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Prayers answered!!!

Prayers answered!!!

The energy of this post just gives me chills!!!

I am so happy for you both. Thanks for sharing the awesome news. You are both in my prayers - and can't wait for the post-post - and the pics!!!!

Hugs - piper

Hi Stretch and Noni -
Hope today is a good day for you; each day will get better and better, sometimes by leaps and sometimes by bounds. I didn't bounce back into a "disco mode" as quickly as Bob H did post-op... But remember that a slower initial recovery doesn't mean a worse or a lesser recovery; personally, a low blood pressure/sluggish kidney issue kept me in a step down unit for a couple of extra days or so but it was no problem overall. It will all just get better and better for you. That funky shirt can wait a bit; you might scare the nurses with it anyway:p. Best wishes to you both!

Back